Worth The Wait (Kai Hiwatari)

Important Author's Note at the End

"You've been dating how long?!" Hilary exclaimed, getting up in your face.

"A whole year," you responded cooly, used to your best friend's emotional reactions.

"And he still hasn't kissed you?! Why I oughta choke him with his own scarf!" She steamed, pounding her fist on the table.

You had been in a relationship with the grey haired blader for over a year now, and you loved him with all your heart. You saw past the cold exterior and managed to bypass the walls he had built up around his heart. You had gone on many dates with him, and hung out with him almost everyday, but every time it seemed like the perfect moment for a kiss, he'd close up again. It was getting exhausting.

You looked down sadly, "Maybe he just doesn't want to kiss me," you mumbled.

Hilary sighed, "(First Name), you shouldn't have to deal with this. You deserve a guy who's gonna love you and show you tons of affection," she stated with a nod

You nodded, tearing up a bit, "I know...I just love him so much, y'know? But sometimes I wonder if he even loves me at all..."

Hilary rubbed your back comfortingly, "I hate to say it, (First Name), but if he doesn't step up soon...maybe you should move on..."

You looked up at her, your heart breaking at the thought, but you nodded.

"Yeah, you're right...." You whispered.

Little did you know, a certain violet-eyed male was standing behind the door listening the whole time. His eyes narrowed, and he nodded determinedly before walking away silently.

-----------------------------

Later that day, you were at home waiting for Kai. It was Friday, and every Friday he spent the night and you two watched movies together. You had popped popcorn and got all sorts of snacks and drinks set out on the table and put a movie in the DVD player. Just as you had finished setting up the blankets and pillows you heard the door bell ring. You smiled halfheartedly, wondering if would be last movie marathon you'd watch with him. You opened the door to reveal Kai standing there in his pajamas like usual.

"Hey~" you chirped opening the door for him to come in.

He just nodded in response, walking in and sitting on the couch.

You felt your chest tighten. He was being even more distant than usual. You sat next to him and pulled the blanket over both of you, laying your head on his shoulder and pressing play.

Usually, he'd wrap his arm around you and hold you close, but this time he just sat there. You looked up at him and sighed softly, and after a few minutes of him ignoring you, you pulled away and hugged your knees to your chest.

He didn't even seem to notice. The two of you sat there for a long time. You bit your lip, trying to hold back the tears that were in your eyes.

'Does he really not love me?' You thought, trying desperately not to cry.

Just as a single tear slipped down your cheek, you heard him speak for the first time that night.

"(First Name)?" He called softly.

You didn't look at him. You didn't want him to know you were crying.

"(First Name)..." He spoke again, still not receiving an answer.

You heard him sigh, and suddenly he pulled you into his lap, cradling you and rubbing your back soothingly. You gasped softly at the sudden affection and began crying into his chest, unable to contain the emotions that flooded through you.

"(First Name), darling, it's alright. Don't cry." He whispered, pressing his lips to your temple.

"Kai?" You choked out and looked up at him, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Yes?" He answered, leaning his forehead on yours.

"Do you....love me?" You whispered, looking away in embarrassment.

He stared at you seriously for a moment before responding, "of course I do," he whispered, wiping your tears with his thumb.

Before you could respond he pressed his lips to yours. Your eyes widened and you shyly kissed him back, your heart beating wildly.

He pulled away and looked into his eyes. You stared at him for a second before punching him in the arm as hard as you could.

"W-What took you so long you jerk!"

Kai winced a bit and then smiled at you, "I'm sorry (First Name). I just didn't want to rush things," he cleared his throat, his cheeks tinged with pink, "I didn't want to mess this up.."

You smiled and pressed your lips to his once more, "I love you," you said against his lips.

"I love you too," he mumbled, capturing your lips in a kiss once more.

It was worth the wait.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the hiatus! I've been really busy with school and such, but I really want to get back into writing. SO if you have a request for a one shot with a character please give me some sort of scenario to go with it! Im accepting requests for lemons as well and you can either comment or pm me! This would be a huge help for me with writers block and would help me post more often. Thanks so much!