Chapter 8 - Confessions

Robin

I'd been bed ridden for a few days now. After it had been revealed that I got shot by that maniac, Ashley made it her job to babysit me. And when I said job, I meant it. The woman barely went in to work all week.

Ellie has been bombarding my phone with texts about the delinquent blonde who's been out sick for three days now. After Ashley saw the wound at the picnic, she drove me over to a private doctor—a friend of her parents'.

The man didn't ask me a single question about it; he just stitched me right up, and sent us on our merry way. Fishy guy if you ask me.

"I already told you, I'm fine. Can you get outta my place now?" I groaned, rolling onto my good side.

"Shut up," she barked. "I still can't believe how stupid you are. It could have gotten infected Robin!"

It's been days and we still have the same argument, every day. My back was starting to cramp up from laying in bed for so long, so I leaned over until I was fully sitting up on the bed.

"I regret nothing." I shrugged. I grabbed my hair and pinned it up quickly before standing from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"I've been resting for days, give me a break woman."

She rolled her eyes and sniffled, "If you weren't already such a mess, I'd kick your ass." Her eyes were watering.

"Are you crying Ashley, aww—"

She slammed the knife down on the cutting board and my eyes widened.

"I'm cutting onions Robin, don't be an asshole while I'm making your lunch." She carried on cutting the fresh herbs.

I leaned against the fridge staring at her. She was wearing short sweats, a tank top and bunny slippers. If I didn't know better, I'd swear she lived here. Look at her, trying to wife me up. I laughed at the thought.

"The hell are you laughing at?" she turned with an eyebrow raised, a hand on her hip with the knife pointing at me.

I waved my arms, "chill,"

Ashley cooked her famous alfredo, and it smelled amazing. I set the table, and then freshened up. After a quick shower, I wore a grey jogger and a tank top.

"You never did tell me what happened between you and Ben."

I sighed, sitting opposite her at the table. "It's really not that serious Ashley."

The food was amazing, but the questioning put me off.

"You moved out Robin...You broke his nose—it's a big deal."

"Well he's an asshole," I shrugged.

I was trying to be cordial with her, even though it was paining me to know what I know and not be able to tell her. I still didn't feel like it was my place to spill that, as much as I wanted to.

Ashley licked her lips, but a spot of pasta sauce had escaped her tongue's grasp. I smiled at her, as she struggled to finish her plate. She was beautiful. Even though she was only in sweats and a tank top, she looked amazing. I couldn't find a flaw, even if I tried.

I unconsciously licked my lips as I stared at her pink ones.

"What are you looking at?"

"You," I replied simply.

"Why?"

"You're just..."

I stood from the chair, walking over to her. My thumb wiped the bit of sauce from her lips and she blushed. "Beautiful," I said without thinking.