Chapter 50

[Trigger warning]

Clouds were what she first saw as she opened her eyes. They moved slowly as they normally do, but something about the clouds looked wrong to her.

She sat up from the grassy ground, rubbing the side of her head as she felt the all too familiar feeling of a headache. She watched as the grass, that were taller than her while sitting down, swayed from side to side.

She took a breath, then stopped. Only then did she smell something terrible. She covered her nose with her hand, rising up to look over the tall grass.

The wind seemed to stop as she stared at the sight before her.

Dozens of bodies littered the ground and puddles of blood were everywhere. Her hand dropped back by her side as a result of her shock. She could make out severed heads, arms and legs, carelessly thrown away. If it wasn't the metallic stench, that was mixed with something else, that made her want to throw up, then the sight was.

It was definitely not what she would see in the mansion.

A bright shine diverted her attention away from everything. She turned her head to the north, where the same blue line that Tempus had made to help her and the others showed up. The line continued to run into the treeline.

With no hesitation, she followed the trail. As she took a step into the forest, she looked back only to see the once green, blue and red atmosphere turn into a monochrome world.

When she noticed that it was starting to spread towards her, she continued through, following the line. She ended up in another field, as bloody as the other, but with less blood.

The only moving object, besides the swaying grass, clouds and leaves, was a figure. The figure's back was all she saw, only showing her a black hood and worn out jeans, drenched in blood. His body structure told Kira that it was a young man.

She watched as he walked forward, in the direction of a body, which looked different from all the others. He watched as he froze.

"Kira," she felt two hands land on her shoulders, spinning her around, making her face a familiar boy, "what are you doing here?"

"Maybe I should be asking you the same, Tempus."

He looked behind her, with a blank expression on. Then he looked down, spitting out a curse.

When he looked back up at her, a frown had formed on his lips.

"Listen, Lana," his grip on her shoulders tightened a bit, "someone told me that soon, something terrible is going to happen to you."

Kira opened her mouth to ask, but before she could utter a word, he interrupted.

"This is something you can't prevent if I told you. No matter what you do, nothing will change the future." he finally let go of her shoulders, sighing. "At that time, I won't be the same as I am now. I'll go back to what I used to be before I started this mission. Actually, nothing will ever be the same when it happens."

"What will happen?" Kira asked, getting nervous.

"Those bodies you saw earlier, the bodies you see now," he spread his arms a little, gesturing all around him, "all of this will happen. A small war will happen. And I expect you to know who will be fighting."

Kira thought about it, with a question to guide her. Who would they be? The questuon rang in her head until something popped up, making her look at him with disbelief.

"No. The Creepypastas didn't do anything." She told him.

He chuckled, but it didn't contain even the smallest amount of humor. "These guys that you're talking about, they are the same ones that go around, killing people with no regrets, right?" he shook his head at her, "Didn't anyone tell you the purpose of Phoenix? Not even Daniel?"