Chapter 22.

My scream is cut short when a bony hand clamps around my mouth. My body screams in pain from the open wounds along my body. I try my best to fight against my capturer.

I hear someone shouting in fear and not two seconds later, I see Ron being dragged in by a rope as well. My stomach drops as I watch a familiar face pull up Ron by his hair. Thorfinn Rowle. A Death Eater I saw roaming around the Malfoy Manor over holiday break.

My breathink hitches up as Ron looks at the person holding me in fear.

"Woops, sorry Alice. I did not mean to catch you." The voice breathes on my neck.

Bellatrix.

She releases her firm grip on my mouth and I scramble to my feet. My leg aches in protest, so I try not to put much pressure on it.

"But, I did catch something else that may be worthwhile." Bellatrix grins like a mad-woman and approaches Ron. Thorfinn laughs as well, holding onto a sick-looking Ron. "A little on the pathetic side, but I can tell there's something strong inside him," She purrs, crouching before him.

I take a step forward, to push her away, but Thorfinn looks at me carefully. Instead, I mimick Bellatrix's amusement.

"He looks awfully familiar... What's your name, boy?" She asks, swatting Thorfinn's hand from Ron's mouth.

Ron just grits his teeth and turns away from Bellatrix. I see her clutch her wand tightly. Fear jump starts in the pit of my stomach. No time for your stubbornness, Ron!

"Excuse me, I didn't quite catch that," Bellatrix growls, taking Ron's chin in her hand. I see her long, yellow fingernails digging into his skin, drawing blood.

"Ron Weasley!" He shouts, wincing in pain.

Thorfinn smiles even more sinisterly and Bellatrix laughs.

"A Weasley, eh? So, your father works for the Ministry?" She asks. Ron nods, warily, "Perfect," She cackles, letting go of his face with intensity.

Thorfinn picks up Ron by his neck and throws him to his feet. Ron cradles his arm that is gushing blood.

"So, Alice, how are things at school? I've heard that you're causing trouble with him. Tell me it isn't true." She speaks to me as if we were catching up over tea.

"I'm not quite sure what you mean..." I act innocent.

Please, tell me Voldemort didn't tell everyone about Ron and I. But, if he had, I doubt Ron would still be alive.

"I happened to over hear Severus having a discussion. From what I heard is that you and another student are becoming romantically involved, while you're still engaged to Draco?" She says.

Ron freezes up in his spot, 100 feet away from me. Thorfinn raises his eyebrows, this being the first he's heard on the matter. I put on my best pokerface.

"I-" I start, but Bellatrix interupts.

"Now, if I'm being honest, I don't blame you. You're to be married and if there's one thing I know, is that Malfoy's aren't known for their tenderness. Might as well get out and fulfill all those urges before you're bound by matrimony." She says, mischievously.

My cheeks turn bright red. This is not a conversation I ever hoped to be having with my fiance's aunt, especially in front of Ron.

"That's what I figured," I try my best at lying. I can see Ron scowling behind Bellatrix. I'm only making matters worse between us.

"But, I also heard your orders. He told you that if you were to continue seeing the boy, he'd kill him..." She adds, "That's too bad," She comments.