Chapter 17: September

My first night back in England was lovely in the sense that I reunited with my mother, stepfather and my brother. Seeing them after such a long time was lovely and distracted me from everything else that was going on in my life. But by the next day, once they were all back at work, I felt completely alone. I wanted Gerard to be with me. I missed sleeping beside him. I missed his smile and his laugh and his cute slightly high-pitched voice. I missed him holding my hand.

Call me if you sort your head out.

That was the last thing he had said to me. I had ruined everything all because I was too afraid to be vulnerable and allow myself to be sad saying goodbye to him. I couldn't let this be the end of us- we were too perfect together for one petty argument to break us apart.

I had to call him.

I picked up my phone and dialled his number.

"Hello?"

"G, it's me," I said, feeling comforted by the sound of his voice.

"Isabel."

I felt nervous that things weren't going to go to plan because Gerard tended to call me Isabel when we were being serious. When things were good, he'd call me Izzy.

"I'm so sorry G," I sighed. "I've been an idiot."

"No Isabel, you were right," he said. My heart sank. 

"I wasn't right," I said with tears in my eyes. "Things will work out, I was just freaking out and too afraid to spend my last night with you because I thought the goodbye would be too hard."

"Isabel, it's not a good time right now," he said. I felt panicky as I tried to think of a way to save the conversation, but then I heard something in the background. It was a woman's voice.

"Are you w-with somebody?" I stuttered.

"Hey Isabel!" I heard from the background. It was Sophia.

"Seriously Gerard?" I said. "I've been gone for two days!"

"You said it was over!" he shouted.

"Did you get over it in two days?!" I cried. "You didn't even give us time to talk it out!"

"Goodbye Isabel," he said before hanging up the phone.

I broke down into tears, realising that I had ruined everything between Gerard and I.

Gerard's P.O.V

I hung up the phone, a lump in my throat as I held back tears. I looked around at everyone in my living room. Frank, Ray, Bob, Mikey, Annie and Sophia sat on the couch and stared back at me.

"Why the fuck did you say hi to her?" Frank spat at Sophia. "You wanted to upset her didn't you?"

"Don't start on her," Annie whispered to Frank, snuggling up to him.

"Babe, she's a snake," he hissed back, but everybody heard. "I don't even know why she's still here."

"I came around to make sure Gerard was okay," Sohpia responded. "I heard that Isabel left, and I wanted to ask if he was alright. I didn't know they were on the rocks."

As she said that last sentence, she smirked at Frank, making him angry.

"I'm fine," I growled. "Why don't you just get out?"

"Gerard we can still be friends," she said, but Frank interrupted.

"Don't make me kick you out again Sophia," he spat. "Just get the hell out of here."