Chapter 11

"I got to go Keaton. I'll talk to you later, or something." I muttered under my breath, trying to avoid any possible contact with him. I wasn't about to cry, I just couldn't right now. My mind was still in the state of shock from the news that I've just receive.

"Can we hang out tomorrow?" He questioned with the sound of concern in his deep voice.

"I actually don't know, I think have something that day. Maybe another time, or something like that."

My legs quickly made its way off the premises, making its way towards my car waiting in the driveway. My hands were trembling as I started the engine.

Chasity was my sister. For the past few weeks, I felt like she was changing. Our relationship started to slowly disappear into thin air. But no, all Chasity was doing was trying to protect me. How could have I not seen the clues? All of the simplest signs were in front of me. One does not just change overnight that quickly.

My whole existence has been one big fat lie.

I've been sitting in my driveway for the past ten minutes, just thinking of the worst possibilities possible. I had to talk to my mom right here right now. She was still on her date with Gavin, and it would be impossible to get a hold of her.

Chasity already boarded the airplane, off to a destination thousands of miles away from here. Was I a bad sister for not running after her? But what was I going to do when I arrive at the airport? Run after a plane that had already took off?

I was downright confused, I needed answers.

I headed upstairs, heading towards my room as a warm burning sensation ran down my face. I could hear the sound of a T.V coming from Drake's room. He was the oldest, he had to know something, anything.

My feet made its way closer towards his door. I felt like I was trapped in a box, not able to move another inch. I didn't have the urge to open my mouth, I couldn't even part my lips the slightest bit. It was like that time had frozen, everything and everyone had stopped.

I had stopped.

Tessa! Tessa! Tessa!

My name was being chanted over and over by the same voice. The sound getting louder and louder each and every time.

My whole entire body flinched, causing my mind to take me back to reality where time continued on. The speed of my heart beat faster and faster, I was panting all right.

"Tessa! What is wrong with you? Did you get yourself high?" The sternness in his voice caught my attention.

"Did you know Drake?" I stared deep into his eyes, not bothering to notice how tight my fists were clenched together.

"Are you smoking weed Tessa? What have I've told you about-"

"I didn't smoke any weed Drake! I've heard this stupid no drugs speech from you a hundred times already. Now answer my question honestly, did you know that Derek is not my father?"

He froze, a look of shock appeared onto his face as his eyes started to wander towards the ground. "How did you find out Tessa?" His voice was filled with frustration, as he rubbed his temples.

"It doesn't matter who I found out from. If that bastard isn't my father, then who the hell is Drake. Everything in my life seems like a lie right now, I don't even know who the hell I really am." My eyes shattered like a glass window, I pressed my back against the white wall. I sank towards the cold hard ground, tears rained as I started to weep my whole heart out, finally letting anger and frustration take over my emotions.

"Tessa. I made a promise to mom that I wouldn't until she was ready." His words echoed in my head as he tried to comfort me by hugging my shoulders. I shook him off, grabbing onto my hair and groaning out in anger.