30.75. Not a Goodbye

30.75. Not a Goodbye: Brody's Pov

Chapter Goal: 2k votes (for an early update)

THIS IS CHAPTER 30 IN BRODY'S POINT OF VIEW

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Char backs away from the crowd of elite-guards slowly forming around her. She pushes Xander and I's hands away from her and mutters, "It's not the end of the world."

When everyone backs away and goes to what they were doing before, she takes a seat near the activity monitor and intently observes the blinking lights on it. Xander sits by her and I hear him ask, "Are you okay, sweetheart?" I chuckle when my sister rolls her eyes at his question. "I'll go get you some-"

"No thanks." she quickly cuts him off, annoyance evident in her tone. "I don't get why th-there was a metal pole in th-the wall anyways."

'Is Xander annoying you?' I ask her through the family mind-link when she gets up and starts walking into the break-room.

'No.' she answers, only half telling the truth. 'I'm just stretching my legs.'

"Why are you always getting up whenever I try to make conversation with you?" Xander childishly groans, getting up to follow his mate.

He may be my Alpha and my sister's mate, but he isn't the most mature person when he shows his true personality. "Jello." I see Char raiding the fridge inside of the break-room. "I really want some jello."

"There isn't any jello." Xander breaks the news to her, acting as if he just told her that Hot Pockets were being recalled. I ignore him though, I'm more worried about Char. She was turning a corner and there was a metal pipe sticking out of the wall directly where her head was. To most people, bumping your head against something is no big deal. Char's case is different.

Not only is she pregnant, but she has also suffered from amnesia and she could barely remember anything from her childhood. I was lucky that she even remembered that she had a brother at all. "Are you okay, Char?" I ask her.

"I'm fine." she repeats her tone no longer laced with annoyance.

"You hit your head." I say.

"I didn't forget anything, don't worry." she embraces me in a quick hug and flashes me a reassuring smile. Every time she falls or hits her head, I wonder and hope that the impact caused her to recall some memories, but that doesn't defeat the fear I feel that she might forget even more things.

"Do you still have your Lycanthrope on you?" I ask.

"I always do." she answers, showing me the little Lycanthrope-filled pod that Dr. Kale gave to her. I have one on me as well, just incase she doesn't have it during an emergency situation.

*** (two hours later)

"Four monitor the cellars and stop whatever's happening up there." Xander orders. Four elite-guards race up the stairs and head up to the regular cells to find out what's causing all the noise. "Afterwards, I want one of you to stay and lead the guards. The three of you who come back are to stay here and keep watch on the rogues using the activity monitor. If any wolves from Lunar Shadow or any rogues aren't where they're suppose to be, contact Charlotte and I immediately."

As Xander talks to the elite-guards about the rogues and Dylan in hiding, I mind-link my sister, 'Xander wants to bomb the area.'

'I know.' she frowns, showing her disapproval of the idea. 'A grenade or bomb would start an uncontrollable forest fire, bombing isn't a very good plan.'