3. Hafsat

Hafsat's POV

I had a great time at my father's friend's house mostly because of Zainab and her elder brother Ahmad who was so much more friendly than the other stiff brother, Ammar. It felt good to click with someone, a girlfriend since we are still getting to know new people around.

We lived in Saudi Arabia until about 6 years ago just when I started University, my parents together with my brother, Ali moved to London and returned to Nigeria only last year. The last time we were in Nigeria was when Ali was three years old. We haven't returned since then till now that Baba has decided to settle down at home for life.

I was still in university final year when they decided to return to Nigeria. I was so excited and couldn't wait to graduate and come home. On my swearing-in day I was so happy and grateful to Allah and my parent for all they've done. There Baba met his old friend and we waited for them to chat for a whole hour after the event. Parting apart only after he invited Baba to his place during the week so they pick up where they left off. I doubt there would be an end to their chat though.

As we returned home from the lunch / almost dinner we had at Baba's friend's residence the security man opened up the gates for us and Baba drove in to his parking space beside my car. The new Mercedes-Benz GLC Class (SUV) he got me a month ago.

We got off the car. Ali whom I prefer to call Chote and I walked behind Mama and Baba as they walked hand in hand. We watched as Baba kissed Mama's hand and dragged her closer to him as she gave him a light hit on his arm. He turned to look at her and through his side view I saw him playfully scowl and quickly kissed her on her forehead and before she could react he held her hand tight in his.

They only displayed this type of affection at home. I was used to seeing it and even though I pretended to be disgusted by it especially when they do it purposely in front of me, I was still happy for them and I prayed everyday to have a love like theirs. The type that never dies. Just like my parent I am a hopeless romantic too.

I held Chote's hand and moved quickly past our parent as I said "Excuse us please we need to protect our eyes" and they laughed.

"Are you jealous habibty? Then why don't you get married too " Baba suggested with a laugh.

" Baba you two act like Faisal and Amarachi from my class. They call themselves girlfriend and boyfriend." Chote said teasingly and ran into the house first and Baba followed him with a quick pace making Mama and I laugh our heads off. My family is so normal and lovely. I love them to bits.

****

Two of my cousins came to visit me and relieve some stress. They were both getting married soon, so stress and tension was dealing with them. They are my closest cousins. They came to Saudi from time to time to visit us and perform the holy pilgrimage. Thanks to that we became really. The are literally the only family I am close to now.

After lunch we sat down on my bed to continue with our chat.

"Amina, did Abdulmajeed take you to see the house? " I asked her excited to hear about her new house.

" Yeah. He did. And my aunts and sisters are going to start decorating it next month insha Allah. I can't wait to see it when its done. It's going to look so beautiful and cozy for me and my lovely Abdulmajeed" she squealed. We awed and laughed at her.

Abdulmajeed and Amina met some months back and well since then things have been going pretty well for them. So we'll that it led to marriage .... soon at least.

"Rabia how's Mujahid's mum. Has she been discharged yet? " I asked her concerned about her mother-in-law's to be health. She was admitted in the hospital a week ago from some heart disease Rabia can't explain.