30. Flashback pt. 3

Julian

Julian didn't know what was wrong with him. Since that dinner party in New York he's been nothing but cranky and moody. He first thought it was a sign of puberty, but then he soon realized those things only happened to girls. He thought hard about the reason behind his bad mood and came down to one conclusion.

Damien White.

Then he started to ask himself; why would he be annoyed by that sickly sweet (seriously, Julian wanted to gag), gay looking (how many bottles of gel could you possibly put in your hair?!), wannabe? He was just talking to Claire.

He stopped and sat back.

Claire James. She wasn't anybody to him but an... no. She wasn't an anybody to him. But then... the way she smiles never fails to make Julian smile as well; it was contagious. When she talks about something she loves, Julian can't seem to look away and when she laughs...

Julian shook his head. Ugh. He seems to be thinking about that girl a whole lot these past few days and he doesn't even know a thing about her. She was just some girl. An acquaintance.

Julian sighed and continued to play his video game. He was about to pass the final round when he heard his mother's voice.

"Julian, sweetie! Somebody's here for you." She called out.

He sighed and reluctantly paused his game. "I'm coming!" He called out before walking downstairs only to wish he hadn't.

He should've pretended to be asleep.

Colton James was sitting on his mother's couch, texting away on his phone. He planned on bolting and going back to his room to hide under the covers but as soon as he thought about it, Colton looked up and smirked.

And he knew that smirk all too well. He just wasn't used to be at the receiving end of it.

"Colt... what are you doing here?" He asked, slowly still considering his plan on hiding under the covers of his bed.

"You and me, party tonight. So take that Iron Man boxers of yours off and go change into something a little bit more presentable." Colton said, immediately.

Julian looked down at his boxers and scowled. "What's wrong with-" He stopped himself. He did not want to have a fight with Colton about Iron Man, the fear of giving the junior a black eye. He sighed and said, "Sorry, Colt. Not tonight. I have a lot of things to do for school."

Colton raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow. "Shut up, Julian. I already asked your mom for permission. She was more than happy to oblige, said you didn't have anything else to do." Julian cursed inside his head. "Now, go! I'm giving you ten minutes, plus an extra two for your hair. Go!" Colton said.

Julian glared at him before rolling his eyes. "Fine." He said and then muttered, "Asshole." not quite subtly.

"I heard that!" Colton called out.

"You were suppose to!"

~ o ~

Julian sighed for what seemed to be the fourth time in just a span of four minutes that night. Julian didn't want to be here. He wanted to play video games and watch TV. Plus, he had school work to do.

Before he could answer his own rhetorical question in his head, he heard a hearty laugh. The laugh that usually made his heart beat twenty times in just a second (if that's even possible, medically). Julian looked to his right only to see the girl he's been thinking about for quite a while now. He could see a glow around her when she laughed only to have it shattered when he saw the reason why.

Damien freaking White.

Julian was furious and when he was furious, he tended to act stupid and childish. Then he got mad at himself for feeling such way. That's when he realized...

He liked Claire James.