Chapter 6 - The Interview

(Mark's POV – Sat. 26 July 2014)

"This is great news, Mom!" I cheer over the phone. "I'm glad Dad is finally considering it!"

"This is not a done deal yet, Sweetheart. It's only a two-week vacation for now," she replies warily.

"This is still a good start! At least, Dad doesn't completely reject the option. So, when are you going there?"

"Probably not before the end of September. For one, the season is going full swing at the moment here, so we can't afford to close the restaurant for two weeks. And secondly, it's far too hot at the moment in Florida, it'll be a tad better by the end of September. I don't want your dad to complain about the heat," she explains with a chuckle.

"Mom, Florida is always hot..." I argue. "Anyway, it'll do you good. You haven't taken some time off at all since last Christmas, and two weeks of holidays will be more than beneficial!"

"How about you? When are you taking some vacation?" she then asks, changing the subject. I can almost see her scowl through the phone.

"Mom... I'm young! I don't need as much rest as you and Dad do. Plus, I did take a few days off when I visited you last week!" I argue.

"It's not the same as going on holidays, Mark..."

"I know Mom, but I am far too busy at the moment. I'll think about it later. Talking about being busy... I gotta go now. I'll call you back soon, okay?"

"Sure, Sweetie! Don't strain yourself too much, alright?"

"Look who's talking!" I chuckle. "Take care, Mom, I love you."

"I love you too, Son. Speak to you soon!"

"Sure! Bye Mom!" I finish and hang up.

I am glad my parents will finally consider retiring from their activity. As my mother said, it's not a done deal yet, but this is shaping up.

I put these thoughts aside and start packing my bag for the club. Over the last week, the beautiful Shannon has often invited himself in my thoughts - much too often, to be honest - and it has caused me to space out quite a few times, remembering how he reacted to the scene last Saturday. A scene I didn't see much of actually, as my eyes kept peeking at the young man who was freshly getting acquainted to BDSM.

I spent the whole week wondering if I would ever see him again at the Black Diamond. I could have asked Josh, but I didn't want to press him with questions, as I am not ready to admit how attracted I am to the boy. My friends would find it weird, I think.

I have never let feelings interfere in the relationships I had with various Submissives, whether they were Subs under contract or one-night stands. I have never wanted to completely settle down with any of them. I have never wanted to feel more than lust for them. Call me a heart of stone if you please, but that's what it is; or rather, that's what it was.

Until a year ago, I used to take Subs under contract. It would last for a few months and I would take care of them like good Doms do. There was sex of course, and I also tried to provide them with guidance and advice toward a better life, but there were no real feelings. I liked some of them better than others, but the last ones turned out to be quite disappointing and deceitful. Even in a relationship devoid of feelings, you expect a minimum of respect and between one who openly claimed he was just after my money and another who cheated on me, I got tired of the system.

I then decided to do like my friends Camden and Aaron, and use only Subs who seek one-evening affairs, but I have recently gotten tired of that too. I guess that seeing Joshua and Liam's relationship develop into something serious helped, but I have realized that this is what I need and what I want.