Monsters

Chapter 25: New friendship

The girl smirked as she walked past me. The lady didn't even get the chance to tell her who I was. I sighed and followed after her. Her hair flipped as she strutted down the hall. I sighed and followed after her. Her hips swayed like she was dancing to some beat. Her heart was beating wildly. I jogged to catch up to her.

"You know, most people here aren't used to having a new student." I stated. She turned around and shrugged.

"Well, get used to it." She said as she walked upstairs. My legs pushed up the stairs as we walked into a class. I realized it was my first hour class. I sighed in relief and sat down. Lily sat down in the spot next to me which used to be Lizzie's spot. For some odd reason, it felt like a nice replacement. Lily will never be able to replace Lizzie but she probably won't ditch me like Lizzie did. I gave her an odd look. "What?"

"Are you a senior?" I asked. She nodded and got out a pencil.

"Of course." She answered.

"Why would you come to school when it is almost over?" I asked another question. She gave me a look of thought.

'What should I tell her?' A voice rang through my mind. I flinched when I stared at the strange girl. I went over the possible things. Only one stuck. I just read her mind.

"I needed a change." She lied. I squinted my eyes and slowly nodded. I turned around to face the teacher that always put me to sleep. I placed my hand on my head and closed my eyes.

-
I sat down at the lunch table and wiped my sleepy eyes. A tray was set next to me as I waited for the person to sit down.

"Can we sit over there? Just for today." Lily asked. I shrugged not really caring. "I want to get used to everything here."

"Hey, guys. This is Lily Simmons, the new student." I introduced the hyper girl to everyone. Their eyes looked up to the bored girl and smiled. "We are going to go sit over there so she can get used to things here."

"Alright, Avery. Graduation is almost here." Eric stated. I smiled and got up. My eyes adverted to Jessica who was focused on her speech.

"Jessica, I can't wait for your speech." I said as I slowly started walking away.

"Oh, please. This speech will change lives." She stated in a dreamy way. I laughed and took my tray to an empty table with Lily. I sat down as she sat down beside me. She took a look around and started eating.

"Were those your friends?" She asked before stuffing more food in her mouth.

"Yep." I answered. Three trays were placed from across us. Katrina smiled at me and took a seat beside Payton. A boy sat next to Payton who was familiar.

"Hey, Campbell." I greeted with a smirk. He gave me a sarcastic smile which made me roll my eyes. Payton watched us intently while Katrina seemed lost. Another tray was placed beside Katrina as an all familiar boy sat beside her. I smiled and waved.

"Hey, Avery. Long time no see." He greeted.

"Hey, Carter. It has been quite awhile." I said in return. Katrina seemed confused by the exchange.

"You guys know each other?" She asked trying to clear up the confusion.

"Yeah, I know Payton too." I stated. She nodded in acknowledgement. Lily cleared her throat to make the awkward tension go away.

"So, what brings you 4 here?" She asked politely.

"Well, you are sitting at our table." They said in unison. Lily and I took a look around the table.

"Your name isn't on it." We said in unison. We both smiled a bit.

"Great minds think alike." Lily whispered. Payton sent us a look of 'you all are going to die'. Katrina just rolled her eyes. Drew smiled at what just happened. Carter shook his head with a smile as he looked down at his food. I sent the two girls a sheepish smile. Payton glanced at Katrina who was glaring at the two of us.

"Well, I am leaving this table." Katrina stated as she stood up.

"Here, I will come with." Carter said trying to be helpful.

"Don't bother." She snapped which made Carter close his mouth. I noticed his jaw was tightening. Payton watched him fully alarmed. He stood up and marched out of the cafeteria. Payton glanced at Drew who waved her off.

"Go ahead, he needs you." He stated. Payton placed a hand his shoulder and ran out. Drew glanced at us as I squinted my eyes. He sent me a sheepish smile while Lily shoved her face with lunch. My eyes went down to my tray to realize I finished. I stood up to carry my tray to the trash when Alice caught my attention. She seemed dazed by her thoughts. Edward and Jasper were holding her tightly. She snapped and shook her head. I threw my stuff away and walked back to the table. Lily and Drew were laughing at each other. I sat down and raised an eyebrow. Drew became serious again as Lily giggled in her hand. I shook my head in disapproval and stood up.

"Come on, Lily. I should take you to the next class." I stated. Lily nodded in agreement while Drew raised his hands.

"What about me?" He shrieked. I shrugged and smiled.

"What about you?" I teased. He rolled his eyes and stood up. Lily was by my side who was snickering. We walked out of the cafeteria and to the next class.

"You have 7th hour with us?" Lily asked. I glanced over to Drew who was walking beside me. He put his hands in his pocket.

"What is your 7th hour?" He asked.

"We have Geography." I stated. He nodded and pulled out his schedule.

"Yeah, I have Geography. I sit way in the back so I don't get called." He responded. I thought about the back and nodded.

"I think I ought to sit in the back." I said as Lily nodded and laughed.

"This needs to be our group." Lily stated dramatically. Drew sent us a look.

"I don't know. I am already in a group." He stated in a matter of fact. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Well, when you guys aren't hanging out." I replied as I stepped into Geography. Lily and I followed Drew to the back. I sat behind him as Lily sat beside me. We waited for the bell to ring and the teacher to walk in. We had small talk as we waited. The bell rang as everyone filed in their seats. We all talked as we continued to wait for the teacher. I had a gut feeling like the teacher was never going to show up. I tapped Drew's shoulder causing him to turn around.

"Yes?" He sassed.

"Why do I feel like the teacher isn't going to show up?" I asked. He shrugged in response.

"Maybe he isn't." He answered. I frowned a bit and glanced at Lily who was shivering.

"Lily, what's wrong?" I asked. She shook her head as she started to shake uncontrollably. Drew stood up a bit and waited for her response.

"Get me out of here." Was all she said before we grabbed her arm and dragged her out. We sprinted through the school. Lily stopped running and fell to the ground. Drew turned around and threw her over his shoulder.

"We do we take you?" I asked as I opened the doors. Drew ran out of the building with a shaking Lily.

"W-woods." She stuttered. I sprinted after Drew who was bounding over every log and stick. We got farther into the woods before Drew set her down. Lily stepped back and screamed. I covered my ears and waited for the shrieking sound to come to an end. Drew was doing the same as he fell to one knee. Lily stopped screaming and started breathing heavily. I uncovered my ears and gasped.

"You're a siren."

--
OH MY GERD! THE BANSHEE IS A SIREN!! Sweeeeet. Ahaha. Hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry that it is so late. I will make it up soon. Promise.

I made a video for these three. Ehehe.

Vote, comment, and follow

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie