Monsters

Chapter 26: The Wanted Siren

Drew casted a worried glance my way as I watched Lily panic. Her hands gripped her hair as she mumbled frantically. My hands moved to her shaking arms to get ahold of her. Tears leaked from her eyes as I wrapped my arms around her. I rubbed her arm as I stared at Drew.

"It's alright, Lily." I said in a soothing voice. Her breathing soon calmed.

"H-h-he's dead." She stuttered. Her voice cracked at the end of her statement. Drew's eyes met mine.

"Who is dead?" We asked in unison. Lily closed her eyes tightly. I pulled away to see her face.

"Mr. Reynolds is dead." She stated weakly. That gut feeling from earlier settled in my stomach again. Her eyes shot open as she stepped back. "Please, don't tell them I am here."

"Tell who?" Drew asked as he placed his hand on his hip. He stepped beside me as we stared at the troubled girl.

"Don't tell the Volturi that I am here." She wailed. She fell to her knees and sobbed.

"Why would we tell them?" I asked.

"Who the hell is the Vultiru?" Drew asked mispronouncing the vampire group. I laughed lightly at the name.

"They want me to be apart of the guard." She answered in between hiccups.

"Why?" Drew asked the question I was going to ask.

"Sirens can kill anything with their screams." She stated.

"How are we still alive then?" Drew asked confused.

"I don't know." She answered. Tears stained her rosy cheeks. I sighed as questions bounded in my head.

"Alright, that scream." I started. "You know when someone dies?"

"I always know when someone dies." She whispered.

"But you can also kill people by screaming?" Drew asked. She nodded as the bell rang. I grabbed Lily by the arm.

"Come on, you should get home."

-
I arrived to my destination. Lily sat beside me with Drew on the outside. He stepped out to let Lily get out. She rounded the truck to my window. I rolled it down as she stuck her head inside. I raised an eyebrow as she reached for my phone.

"You need to have my number in case something happens." She stated. I nodded as Drew waited patiently. She handed the phone over and started walking away. "Drew, get my number from Avery."

"Alright." He said boredly. I pulled out of the driveway before I started talking to Drew.

"Where to now?" I asked. He looked around in thought.

"We could go to your house to ask questions about sirens." He answered.

"Sounds like a good idea." I replied. My mom better have a good explanation for this.

-
I pulled into my driveway and parked it behind an unusual car. I hopped out with the keys in my hand. Drew shut the door and followed after me. My mom poked her head out of the window and smiled. She disappeared back into the house and opened the front door.

"Like my new car?" She said dragging out every word. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Love it, mom." I stated. She smiled and stuck her hand out.

"Who might this be?" She asked. "I am Annabell Woodman."

"Drew Campbell." He introduced himself. Her look that she sent to Drew was weird. My mom's smile grew big as she stared behind us. I was confused which made me want to look behind me. I turned around to see the Uley Pack behind us. I waved as Drew stared at them with wide eyes. Jared stiffened a bit which made had me bite my tongue from laughing. He glared at the poor kid who already had a girlfriend.

"Mom, we need to talk to you about some things." I said catching her attention.

"Oh, god. You're pregnant." She stated. "I told you to m-"

"Mom." I shouted. My face grew red as Drew shook his head in denial. "No. I am not pregnant."

"Then what is this about?" She asked.

"Sirens." I answered. Everything was silent before she ushered us inside. The pack stood where they were dumbfounded. She yelled at them to get inside. They all ran in and crowded around the table. I sat down next to Drew who was intimidated by the group. I noticed Madison had an amused look on her face. She shook her head with a smile when Jared spoke up.

"You have a girlfriend?" He asked protectively. I slapped my forehead on the table and sat there.

"Yes, Payton Bodolf." Drew answered. I glanced at Jared who was nodding in approval. "She kinda imprinted on me."

"Oh, I imprinted on Avery." Jared stated darkly. Drew took the hint and scooted away from me. I focused on listening to the two's heartbeat. Drew's was steady while Jared's was running a marathon. I lifted my head to get a better look at them. My mom finally came in and sat from across Drew and me. She placed her hands on the table and waited.

"So, what about sirens?" She asked. I glanced at Drew who glanced at me.

"Well, we met another siren today." I stated.

"Another?" She shrieked. "Who?"

"Well, Lizzie was one of the-"

"Lizzie?" She asked loudly. I nodded and scooted away from the table a bit. My mom closed her eyes as her heartbeat started picking up its pace. Her hands were gripping the table as she silently cursed under her breath.

"Who is the other one?" She asked through her gritted teeth.

"Lily Simmons. She is running from the Volturi." I answered.

"I am not surprised. They have been after sirens for years now. Ever since they found out sirens can kill with their scream." She stated. She opened her eyes again and started to stare at Drew.

"Mom, why are you staring at Drew like that?" I asked. She had the whole pack giving him looks. He was confused like me. She looked at me.

"Drew, do you know where your family comes from?" She asked. Drew shook his head.

"No, why?" He asked.

"Have you ever blacked out before?" My mom asked. He nodded and wanted her to continue.

Hello, A voice said from inside my head. I touched my head lightly. I placed my elbow on the table as I rested my head in my hand.

What do you want? I asked the familiar voice. Absinthe laughed at my confusion.

I am apart of you. I don't go away that easily. She answered.

I thought I told you to leave me alone? I asked annoyed.

You did and I did. Honey, that was 6 years ago. She replied. I did my best to block her out of my head. I am still here. Forever.

Shut up. I am doing something important. I snapped.

"Have you ever heard a voice in your head?" My mom asked. Drew glanced around and looked down.

"All the time." He whispered. I turned to stare at him.

I can explain this better than your excuse of a mother. Absinthe stated. I felt a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. See? I knew you missed me.

Absinthe, shut up. I demanded. She finally shut her yapping and stayed quiet.

"What does this mean?" He asked.

"You are demon like Avery and me."

--
OH MY GOD!!! Told you I would make it up to you. Also, Absinth is Avery's demon that is inside of her. Just thought I would let you know. For more background information, Avery told Absinth to go away when she was 11 years old because she got tired of her crap. Ahaha. Enjoy!!!

Vote, comment, and follow.

BTW: Annabell is played by Mila Kunis.

I will go over all the characters if you would like for me to.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie