Ch. Five

Chapter Five

The next day, I get ready for school when my phone rings.

I look to see it's Peter and I answer it and put it on speaker.

"Are you walking today?" He asks me.

"Yes I am, why?" I ask him.

I heard him sigh.

"I'm picking you up. It's supposed to rain all day today. And I don't want you getting wet Andrea." He tells me.

"Don't you have other girls to take?" I ask him annoyed.

"No I don't. I'll pick you up in twenty minutes." He says then hangs up.

Well then.

*~*

I walked down stairs into the bakery, and Mai looked at me and smirked at me.

"So, I guess you have a ride today? Because I just saw lightning out the window." She tells me while pointing at the giant window with our logo on it.

"Yeah, he didn't really give me much of a choice." I say irritated.

Mai then smiles at me and crosses her arms, while I grab a homemade cosmic brownie from the display.

"Mhm, you want him to take you." She tells me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Not really. Anyways, I'll pick up my car in two days then I don't have to worry about him taking me anymore." I say eating my brownie.

I don't care that it's morning time, I'm eating a brownie because it's really good and such a heavenly type of dessert.

My phone then buzzed and I saw Peter's message.

I'm here gorgeous ~ Peter

I rolled my eyes yet again then I walked out of the bakery and into Peter's Audi.

"Hello there." He says giving me a cheeky grin.

He started to engine and then pulled out and started to drive down the street.

"You really didn't have to do this," I muttered looking out through the windshield.

"I really did have to do this." He says matter of factly.

It's starting to rain now. But not too much, at the moment.

"So, there's this party on Saturday night. And I was wondering if you would want to go? Mai can come too if you want." He says while clearing his throat.

I frowned.

Mai and I don't do parties. We usually are too busy working to even have time for a social life like that, and on our days off, we would go to Starbucks or Barnes & Noble. We both love to read so we like to go shopping for books.

"I'll think about it. Mai and I... Well that's not really our thing." I tell him.

He stops at a red light and looks at me.

"Really? It's just one party." He says smiling at me.

I scowl at him.

"Yes really. And stop trying to ask me, I said I'll think about it. Mai probably will say no because like I said that's not really our thing." I say matter of factly.

I looked at my Instagram and frowned when I lost three followers.

Story of my life.

"Well, we are here." Peter says pulling into our college.

*~*

Mai pulls into the pick up area and I walk over to her and get in the car.

"I can't believe the rush today, guess rainy days are just a thing for bakeries." She tells me while driving away from the school.

I nod in agreement.

"Hey Mai, do you think that we should go to a party on Saturday? Peter asked me and I said that I'll think about it." I tell her while looking at her.

She bit her lip.

"Parties aren't my thing. Besides I'm going on a date this Saturday with the same guy that I went with last time. We're going to be official." She says looking at me and grinning and then back on the road.

"Oh okay, I think that I'll go shopping for new clothes then." I say.

"You should go." She tells me.

I give her an annoyed look.

"Why? I mean, there so cliché." I say bored.

"Please? You can go for me too." She says.

"I'll think about it." I tell her the same thing that I told Peter.

We then made it to the bakery.

*~*

After I closed the bakery at 6:30, I went upstairs into our apartment. And took a shower then I sat in the living room and turned on the TV to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

My phone buzzed and it was a message from Peter.

Still thinking about it? ~ Peter

I sighed then texted him back.

I'll go.

Then I laid back on the couch and closed my eyes after a long stressful day of work and school.

Thankfully I don't have class tomorrow and I can work in the bakery all day because it's supposed to rain tomorrow too.