Chapter Nine: O'Sister

The above photo is Jesse
-------------------------------------

As the "reporters" left, Cole turned and went back down stairs. A young man in a grey suit sat on the couch, legs kicked up on the coffee table.

"Are they gone?" He asked, not turning to look at Cole.

"Yeah, they're gone...You were right about them." He smirked at Cole's statement.

"I'm always right."

"What now?" Cole asked, his tone stern, "You said you'd help."

"Hey, patience is a virtue. You have to give me some time. Trust me, the girl with the green eyes, she'll be back. I guarantee she's calling her dear old dad right now."

"Jesse-"

"Do you want my help or not." Jesse snapped, staring down the boy across the room. Cole didn't say anything, he lingered in the doorway. "That's what I thought." He turned his attention away from the boy. "Remember, I'm the one who can actually help you here. It's your own fault for selling your soul to that bitch."

------------

"I don't like it." Dean said across the phone, "It's too risky and you're too far away."

"Dean, I'm not asking for permission." I state calmly, "I know we can help these people. This Cole kid could be our shot at stopping whatever is going on here. How bad could one demon be?"

"That's a stupid question and you know that!" He stated, "Rachel-"

"Dean, I swear I will take every precaution." I say when he paused. "Please.... He lives in my house...I can't let it happen again..." Dean doesn't say anything for a while.

"God dammit." He sighed under his breath, "Okay. If you're going to do this you need to know some things. It's probably a crossroads demon, which means it can be killed with the angel blade, but because if it taking it's victims before their expiration date, you gotta think about hell hounds."

"Hell hounds..."

"Yeah, They can be kept at bay with goofer dust, devil's shoestring, and salt. Bentley should have some of the goofer dust, but devil's shoestring you may need to look for. It's related to honeysuckle. Sam!"  Dean called away from the phone, "Send Cassidy the Devil's Shoestring stuff." He returned to the phone, "Goofer dust is used  for graveyard dirt, which is usually the primary ingredient along with snakeskin and sulfur. It will keep hounds at bay but it won't work on demons. Double coat both sides of your goofer," Dean grumbled under his breath about what a stupid name it was, "line with salt, that way whoever is racking in souls won't break the line."

"Thanks Dean."

"And whatever you do," He paused, "and I mean this Rachel. Whatever you do and whatever happens, you do not sacrifice yourself if shit hits the fan. You drop everything and run. Do you understand me?"

"I understand."

"Pay attention and stick together." He stated. I nodded in understanding.

"I promise we will Dean."

"Please be careful."

"I will. Trust me." He didn't say anything for a long time.

"Okay, I gotta go. Call us if you need anything."

"I will, talk to you later Dad."

"You'd better." He said with loving sternness before hanging up. I turned back to Cass and Bentley who were busy researching and sharpening knives. Why'd it have to be demons?