Seventy-Six || The Last Stand

|| The Last Stand (& the last chapter)

"This way."

Peter led the group of teens, all armed with flashlights and weaponry it be ammo or fangs.

The ruins of the Church surrounded them, suddenly picking up their pace. Nearly in a run, the gained on the heart of La Iglesia in an unguided route.

Peter quickly stopped them, halting the group. "Okay, everyone stop, stop, stop stop." He turned back to the teens, knowing they needed a plan. "We gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira." Almost panting, he took in their surroundings.

Stiles jumped a little, his phone going off. "How do I even get service?" he asked with disbelief as he lifted the phone to his ear. "Hi Dad - okay, Dad, I know you're angry."

"Oh," Stilinski said, "I am beyond angry. I've reached a level of fury that you could not possibly comprehend."

Stiles walked ahead of the group, lightly pinching the bridge of his nose. "Okay, well, when I get back, you can ground me."

"Ground you?" Stilinski asked in condescending anger, "ground you? I'm going to hobble you!" He took in a deep breath, "Now, please, tell me you're all right. Tell me that you're safe."

Stiles sighed, "You want me to lie?"

"Okay," he softly said, "tell me what can I do. How can I help?"

"Find Lydia," Stiles requested. "She was at the school when we called Mason to look for her, but we're not hearing back from either of them." He exhaled lightly, "I don't know, Dad. I don't know what I'm doing. Y'know, I'm just trying to save my friends."

Jacy softly smiled, still able to hear Stiles despite him being out of sight around the next turn.

"Okay," Stilinski said, "I'll find Lydia and Mason. You get Scott and Kira. You save your friends."

"Dad, if it's one of the berserkers at the school...you're gonna need firepower. A lot."

Liam perked up as Stiles came back to the group, "What do we do now?"

"We save our friends."

A thunderous roar broke through their moment, quaking the walls around them. All their eyes grew to the size of the moon outside, their hearts all rising in sync.

Carrying Kira's sword, Jacy made the first move. "Go, go!" she yelled.

Peter and Stiles shot off, Liam and Allison next in pursuit of safety with Jacy tailing.

They all skidded into the next room, knowing they had to make a decision.

Jacy tossed Kira's katana to Stiles, motioning for Allison to go with him "Go find Kira and Scott," she told them as she, Liam and Peter took stances behind  the ancient stone beams. "Go!"

Allison grabbed Stiles' shoulder, pulling him back before the two ran off deeper into the church.

Jacy leaned against stone, breathing heavily as she felt the ground shake as the berserker broke a pilar from the Church's structure. She closed her eyes, blue and purple ringing around as she turned from behind the beam.

Liam followed Jacy's lead, a light growl rumbling ferociously as she forced her claws out with elegance. "Bring it."

"Let me," Peter offered with a low growl. A sinister looked crossed his face, lunging at the bone-clad creature. He threw a punch, only getting in two good hits before being thrown against the wall.