Sick (Peter Hayes Imagine)

Cough cough.

Cough cough cough.

Cough.

"Can you shut up?" Peter hisses from his bed, the one next to yours.

You glare at him as you hold my breath to try and hold back the storm that's brewing in your lungs. As far as you can tell, none of the other initiates were woken up by your coughing. It's just Peter.

"Can you-"You start to say but erupt into a fit of coughing again. "Can you not be such an ass? I'm sick."

"Boohoo. Just shut up so I can sleep." Peter turns away from you and pulls the covers back up to his chin.

Soon, you can hear his breath go in and out evenly and focus on the way his body moves up and down slowly as he sleeps. If you listen close enough, you can hear the occasional soft snore come from him, though it's harder to hear as he faces away from you. It helps you focus on something other than how shitty you feel so fortunately, it's not long before you drift off, barely feeling yourself fall asleep.

{***}

"That's disgusting."

You awake to Peter's voice yet again. When you open your eyes, he's standing over your bed, inspecting you as if you were a rat in a lab experiment. You jump out of your skin, not expecting his face to be so close to yours.

"You're drooling." He points out, wiping the saliva from under your chin and wiping it on the front of your shirt. "Get up, we have to go training."

You sit up but immediately collapse back against your mattress. There's a burning in your chest from the coughing and your throat feels like someone shoved barbed wire down it. All the strength had been drained from your limbs.

"I can't." You tell and crawl back under your covers.

"Do you want to be factionless?"

He has a point and you can't deny it so you force yourself out of bed. He grabs you by your underarms and helps you up, letting you lean against him for support. You wrap your arm around your shoulders to hold yourself up. Though you hated feeling sick, being close to Peter wasn't so bad. Even if he was grumpy.

"If you get through training, I'll steal you a piece of cake and bring it back here. You won't have to leave your bed as soon as training's over." Peter bribed.

He knew your love of cake would get you to do pretty much anything so you agree to his demands. It is agony to get ready and ten times worse to train but you have incentive to get through it. You have Peter to thank for that.

{***}

After hitting the showers to wash the sweat from training, you dive back into bead immediately. It hadn't even been five minutes when Peter walks in the door with a bowl of soup and a piece of cake. You instinctively reach for the cake.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Peter moves the cake out of your reach. "Soup."

You pout and cross your arms over your chest like a child. You did what he said; he can't just add extra rules afterward because he felt like it.

Without you realizing it, Peter roughly shoves a spoonful of hot soup into your mouth. You wouldn't admit it, but as soon as you swallowed it, your throat started to feel a teeny tiny eenie meenie minie bit better.

"Will you stop being difficult and eat?" Peter says. You shake your head so he shoves another spoonful into your mouth.

"Will you be nice?" You ask, smiling innocently.

"If you stop being difficult." He mocks your sweet tone.

"Then I guess we both lose."

The spoonfuls keep coming and they don't get any gentler, but you don't care. The fact he's even doing this says so much about him.

"Alright, you can have your cake." Peter says and hands you your cake.

You greedily eat it up and it disappears before you quickly. Peter raises an eyebrow at you, but doesn't say anything about it. You're grateful for his silence for once. Usually, he never shuts up.

"Peter?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay?"

You can see him turning the request over in his mind. If there were anyone around, he probably would have said no. But since you were the only ones here, he deems the request not a threat to his tough guy image. God forbid he someone knew he had a nice bone in his body.

"Sure. This once."

"I'm sure I could get you to do this again." You smirk knowingly. You had your ways with him.

He shakes his head at you but slides his body under the covers with you. Instant warmth fills your body, heating up your cold extremities. It is relieving to be near someone who felt like a furnace when you felt like a solid icicle.

You lean my head against his chest and hold yourself close to him, trying to savor every one of these few moments. Moments like these with Peter are rare but are entirely too worth it to pass up when they do come along every once in awhile.

"You know that if anyone walks in, I'm gonna punch you in the face, right?" Peter tells me, his chin grazing over the top of my head.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you."