69.

"We're about to reach the atmosphere now!" I said, trying to stabilize the ship. But instead the ship shook violently. Our control panels told us that, in fact, we had lost half of the ship.

"We lost something." I told Anakin as more alarms began to set off. If looks could kill, he would have slaughtered me.

"Well we're, at least, still flying half a ship." Obi-Wan said, leaning on my chair to help.

"We've entered the atmosphere." I told him, Anakin grabbed his controls tighter as I contacted the landing troopers.

Anakin was able to guide the ship to the nearest possible landing area. I was able to signal them about our return.

"We've been cleared for landing." I told him, "We're at 5,000."

"We're coming in too hot!" He said, pulling up the top of the ship. The whole thing jerked as it made contact with the ground, the metal from under it scraping and melting off of this death trap. Then we stopped, we made it.

"Ah, another happy landing." Obi-Wan smiled.

~

We got off the transport to the Senate building for the Chancellor. Anakin stopped when Obi-Wan wasn't following us.

"Aren't you coming, Master?" Anakin asked.

"Oh no, I'm not brave enough for politics. And I need to report to the council. Besides, someone needs to be the poster children." He said, leaning against the entrance.

"Wait a minute, this whole operation was your idea." I protested.

"Let's not forget that it was you two that saved me from those buzz droids, rescued the Chancellor, and (Y/N) who killed Count Dooku, and Anakin got us out of that mess carrying me unconscious on his back." He pointed out.

"All thanks to your guidance." Anakin said.

"Anakin, let's be fair, today you both were the heroes and deserve your glorious day with the politicians." Obi-Wan smiled at as both like a proud father.

"Alright, well you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the 10th time." Anakin narrowed his eyes a bit and smiled.

"9th time," Obi-Wan corrected, "that business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't, it doesn't count."

"Whatever you say, Master." Anakin laughed, his hair was out of his face in the wind.

"I'll see you both at the briefing." Obi-Wan left us.

We began walking to the politicians. Anakin's smile faltered as his eyes gazed to me.

"I'm sorry, you had to see that." I whispered my apology.

"You should be sorry you did it." He said. I stayed silent, because I honestly wasn't sorry. That man deserved to die in a million different ways. But I also couldn't fight him here, "We'll talk about this after." He told me, replacing his smile for the politicians. He's so much better at being the poster child than I am. I should've left with Obi-Wan.

I caught up with Master Windu who was the Jedi Master to greet the Chancellor on his return. After his greeting he came to me and seemed uneasy.