Chapter 48

Hey guys! Sorry I missed my uploading day! So, I have a question for you all. I'm going to do A Master Of Mischief past the final battle into the "clean up", but I want to know if you guys want me to end it after the final battle and do the next part as a sequel or to just keep it going. If you want a sequel, you have to remember that I'll be doing the Fred love story in between, so it could be a long wait, but yeah, let me know what you think :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

“What the hell are you doing here?” I yell, running down the stairs. It’s a week after the Easter holidays and Fred and George have just appeared in the front hall with their brooms. They grin and tell me about their final pranks.

“So, you’re here to stay?” I ask.

“Well-”

“Let me answer, no, you’re not,” I interrupt, “I’ve found a shop in Diagon Alley. It has a little apartment over the top. It’s perfect for your joke shop.”

Our joke shop!” they correct.

“You’ll be a Weasley soon,” Fred says.

“And it’s the Weasley Wizard Wheezes,” George smiles.

“Speaking of Weasleys, where’s my favourite niece?” Fred asks.

“Asleep,” I tell him, “and I’ll murder you if you wake her.”

“Why?” he asks, pouting.

“She’s got a cold,” I sigh, “it took me three hours to get her to sleep.”

“Is she just being fussy?” George asks.

“Fussy is a cruel understatement,” Dad says, walking in, “she’s been doing her best to scream the house down.”

“She’s succeeded,” Remus says, joining us in the hall, “what’re you two doing here? Shouldn’t you be at school?”

“Excellent point, Moony,” Dad agrees, “what are you doing here?”

“Let’s go down to the kitchen,” I say, glancing nervously up the stairs, “I’ll make tea.”

**George’s POV**

The next morning I leap out of my skin when Alithea starts crying. I hear Maddie groan.

“I’ve got it,” I say, climbing awkwardly over her and jumping out of bed.

“Hey, shh,” I murmur, picking Alithea up. She keeps crying, so I walk her up and down the room.

“Here,” Maddie mumbles, “let her lie in with us.”

I climb into bed and lay her between us.

“Hey baby girl,” Maddie mutters, brushing Alithea’s fine hair off her forehead. Alithea chokes a bit, but stops crying. Maddie kisses her softly and snuggles down into bed.

“We won’t roll on her will we?” I ask anxiously. Maddie shakes her head. I lie and stroke Alithea’s nose softly. Her eyes begin to droop closed.

“You are the cutest thing in the world,” I breathe.