Chapter Twenty-Eight

{Chapter Twenty-Eight}

The next morning I wake up to someone calling my name quietly. I huff and push my nose deeper into the intoxicating scent that I now easily recognize as Ian.

"Levy, get up." I feel someone tapping my shoulder so I finally open my eyes. I realize my face is buried in the crook of Ian's neck while his arms are tightly coiled around my left arm which is draped over his waist. I carefully pull my arm out of his grip to turn over so I can see just who is bugging me. It takes me a minute to realize it's my mom who's standing at the side of my bed with an arced brow.

"Yeah?" I ask with a yawn.

"You need to wake up, you have to be at school in an hour." She chides quietly and my brows furrow in distaste.

"Right, yeah. Okay." I mutter, sliding out of bed. I leave my room with her hot on my trail as I go to the laundry room.

"Who is sleeping in your bed?" Mom demands once we're in the laundry room. I shrug as I open the dryer to get Ian's now dry slacks and shirt.

"My boyfriend." I mutter dryly. I close the dryer and move to the kitchen to retrieve some breakfast for Ian. Of course Mom follows me while I look in the fridge, deciding to just get him some cereal. I pour the fruity cereal into a bowl and add milk before putting the milk back. I also go into the cupboard for the noproxen I know we have in case Mom or Dad go out with our aunt.

I find the small bottle and take two of the blue pills from the bottle, putting them in my pocket before placing the bottle back in the pantry.

"You have a boyfriend?" Mom asks in surprise and I finally turn to her. I pick up the bowl of cereal along with the clothes in my other hand and nod.

"Yes,"

"And he stayed the night..." She trails, an uncomfortable look crossing her face that makes me blush and look away.

"Oh God, no. He was just upset and feeling under the weather so he slept over." I assure, my face blazing at her assumption.

"Oh, good. Well, I have to go to work, honey. But I'll see you later. Your father already left, don't think about skipping school though. If you do you can't have friends over for a week." She adds sternly and I nod. I put the bowl back down on the table and move across the kitchen to give my mom a tight hug.

"I'll see you later, Ma." I say and pull back. She nods with a toothy smile before exiting the kitchen. I take the bowl in my hand again and carefully move back up to my room. Ian is, surprisingly, sitting up in bed awake.

"Hey, babe." I greet as I walk in, placing the bowl on the nightstand. He groans, rubbing his temples.

"Shh," he hushes and I silently laugh before taking the noproxen out of my pocket to hand to him.

"Take these, they'll help your head." I say in a whisper and he nods. He takes a large swig of the water before putting the pills in his mouth and swallowing.

"Thank you." He says, his voice raspy. I nod and motion to the bowl on the table.

"I didn't know what you would want but cereal is easy so I just got you some of that. I hope you don't mind it's a sugar cereal." I add. He shakes his head and begins eating it gratefully while I place his clean clothes on the bed in front of him. I move to my dresser to pull out a pair of tight black jeans, a less faded Metallica shirt, and a pair of clean black boxers.

"I'm sorry about your mom's flowers." I hear Ian say from behind me and I turn to him with a grin, completely forgetting about that. I probably should have told her when I gave her a hug but considering I didn't hear a traumatized scream I assume she hasn't noticed.