The Jealousy of Dragons(Jorah Mormont x fem!Targaryen reader)

(a/n: OHMIGOSH! 2000 reads!! You guys are awesome! Thank you so much!)

You crossed your arms over your chest as you watched them. Your sister Daenerys and her advisor were standing a little too close to one another for comfort. There was no denying that Daenerys was beautiful and men fawned over her, but you never expected Jorah to be one of them. They leaned even closer to one another and you turned away from the scene. You left the room, ignoring the cries of your name coming from your sister.

It wasn't like you to allow yourself to become overwhelmed by emotion, but in this particular case you couldn't help it. You were jealous of Dany. You loved Jorah, and even though he hadn't shown you that he felt the same, you still held onto hope that maybe he could love you. You were fuming by the time you got to your chambers. Did the gods hate you? Why would they give Daenerys the man that you loved? Why did he have to love her?

You grabbed the nearest thing to you and threw it just as the door opened. The book hit the visitor in the chest. A look of surprise painted Jorah's face as he gazed between you and the book that now lay on the floor in front of him. Normally you would have apologized, but the sight of him made you even more angry. "Get out," you growled, turning away from him. You heard the rustling of pages and you assumed he'd picked up your book.

"Princess-" Jorah started but stopped the minute he saw your tears. Tears you hadn't noticed streaming down your face. "Get out, Ser," you commanded, but he ignored you once again. He placed your book on the table before stepping closer to you. "Princess, what troubles you?" You turned away from him and attempted to dry your tears. You knew they would do you no good. Tears never won much of anything and a dragon never cried.

"Nothing to concern you, Ser Jorah. You should return to my sister. I am certain the Khaleesi is far better company that I," you replied flatly. You were not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing how hurt you truly were. However, Jorah was far more intelligent than you gave him credit for. He noticed the venom in your words and realized the underlying emotion behind your angry. Jealousy. Jorah recognized it but did not understand why you felt that way or why your anger was directed at him and your sister.

He did not say anything for a moment as he pondered. He watched your face, the tears now drying on the apples of your cheeks. His thoughts went back to when you ran out of the room a few moments before. You'd left after Jorah stepped closer to Daenerys. They had both noticed how unhappy you'd been since coming to Meereen and were discussing ways to cheer you up. It dawned on Jorah that you didn't know that and he realized just how it looked. Now he knew or thought he did at least.

"Princess, I know why you are so upset. Trust me when I say that I am in no way trying to take anymore of your sister's time with you," Jorah assured you, causing you to snort in an unladylike fashion. You couldn't believe he thought that was why you were angry. One snort of laughter lead to another and another until you were full on giggling. "Dearest, Ser Jorah for such an intelligent man, you really can be quite stupid," you gasped out between laughs. Jorah simply stared at you as you continued laughing until you were crying again.

When you finished crying, you wiped the tears from your eyes and poured a goblet of wine for yourself and Jorah. "I am not upset because you are using my sister's time. I am upset because she is using yours. It is clear to me that you are in love with her, but I simply wished to..." you trailed off as an uncommon shyness overtook you and the tears began to form again. You just couldn't seem to hold it together when you thought about the two of them.

Before you knew what was happening, Jorah had you in his arms and was kissing you. You dropped the goblets to the ground, the red wine spilling all over the floor. You hands found his shoulder and you kissed him back with as much ferocity as possible. You were not about to let this moment go to waste after you dreamed of it for so long. A gasp from the door way brought you back to reality and out of the kiss. You turned to see Daenerys standing there, her mouth open for just a moment before her lips curled into a smile. "It appears you have found your own way to ensure my sister's happiness, Ser Jorah," she said before promptly turning and leaving the room. You gazed back at Jorah and he smiled at you. "Do you still believe I am in love with your sister?" You shrugged and answered, "Perhaps I need a bit more convincing."

F22