34

C H A P T E R  34

A high pitched scream bellowed down the hall as Samantha and Angelina gasped.

They ran into Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Hermione was the one who screamed from the sudden run in with the two older girls.

"Oh thank Merlin," Samantha said clutching her chest as Hermione closed her mouth. She was very relieved to see them but the voice was still encompassing her mind.

"Ok, what is going on?" Ron asked looking around.

Harry was just about to speak but Angelina gasped.

"What Ange?" Samantha asked looking at her.

"Look!" she said pointing down the corridor.

The five walked down the corridor a few feet before stopping to look at the wall.

Across the wall in between the two windows were words written in red slimy stuff. Samantha had a horrible hunch what that red stuff was, and she did not want to be correct.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

The five's eyes widened. They knew that wasn't good.

Chamber of Secrets? Samantha thought raising an eyebrow. The Chamber Salazar Slytherin created back in his days at Hogwarts? Samantha remembered reading it from Hogwarts, A History but she had always thought it was a myth due to it never being found.

This must have a connection with the voice. Whatever that voice was, it must have opened up the Chamber. The only question was what was it? Another jumble of thoughts entered Samantha's mind and she was already thinking about possible places the Chamber could be but it was confusing her that not even the best wizards could find it.

"What's that?" Ron asked in a wary voice pointing at something that was hanging above a puddle of water that was slowly making its way down the corridor.

Harry walked a little bit closer and almost slipped, from lack of balance as well as the sight they were met with.

The dark shadow belonged to Mrs. Norris, Filch's loyal cat.

She was stiff as a board as her eyes were wide and glassy. She was hanging by her tail and looked to have been scared by something. Her shoulders were hunched and her hairs were sticking up in all different directions.

"Uhm maybe we should leave....?" Ron asked trailing off, deciding that they were definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Samantha opened up her mouth to say something but a loud rumble of footsteps started to get closer and closer on both sides of the corridor. Oh no, dinner had ended and everyone was going to back to their Common Rooms.

They were going to get caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Wonderful," Samantha groaned as the chatter suddenly died at the sight of the frozen Mrs. Norris and Samantha, Angelina, Ron, Hermione, and Harry standing in the middle of the corridor, looking confused and scared of what was to come.

Draco Malfoy pushed through the crowd to the front and read the message.

Samantha raised an eyebrow. Why were the Slytherins even there if their Common Room was down by the dungeons?