Chapter Twelve

Thank you so much to one of my real life best friends, XxMugglexX, for showing your support for this book and for making me this awesome poster! Love you, JJ!

***

The designated biology lecture hall was surprisingly hard to locate, despite it being plainly marked on the hallway map.

Tearing into the classroom, I was surprised to find the room nearly empty and I took a seat near the front — wielding my new notebook and pencil case from my duffel bag like a shield and sword.

However, once the instructor entered the room, I couldn't decipher if my nerves were worsened or satiated; especially when the attractive man flashed me a small smile.

As the class droned on, however, I discovered no new information, just generic things about the human body that I had learnt in school. With a sigh, I waved goodbye to the deeply attractive teacher — whose name I learnt was Sam Oliver — and assessed the timetable for whatever activity was left.

Finally deciding to unwilling attend the swimming class, I return to my room to grab a towel and change into the only pair of togs available; the swimsuit being more like a wetsuit, with long sleeves and a zip at the front. Pulling my shorts back on over the top, I lazily shove on my boots and return to the surprisingly empty hallway.

Before I can make it far, however, I halt as I see Malik leaning against a wall — staring at his watch. With a smirk, I glide towards him. "Miss me that much?" I enquire with a grin, arching a brow.

Malik looks up, his smile turning to a dramatic look of anguish. "Yes, I have never felt so much heartache as I have from our prolonged separation."

I chuckle, "Walk with me?"

In our silence, I couldn't help but admire his beauty. Malik's skin was just the right healthy glow in the lighting and his eyes were heavy, always settling on my expressions and observing every inch of my face like he wanted to memorize it. He looked so good, his clothes shifting on his shoulders just right to hint at the power coiling underneath them. 'No', I thought to myself, 'Those thoughts are dangerous.'

"You alive in there?" Malik chuckles, waving his hand before my eyes. I retort by rolling his eyes, hiding my embarrassment by playfully shoving him. "This is you."

Before I can thank him for walking me, Malik shoves his hands into the pockets of his dark hoodie and leans forward to press a slow, lingering kiss against my cheek. I flounder, my lips parting and closing as I search for words, whilst my insides turn to mush.

I offer what I can only assume looks like a drunken grin, and my suspicions are confirmed when Malik laughs and rocks back on his heels. "I'll... see you later," I acknowledge slowly, stifling a squeal as I spin on my heel and enter the swimming pool area.