25| Training ✔️

A/N: this chapter was added on 19th July 2020. I'm currently editing some parts of the book as I write this. My writing style has changed a lot over the past five years and you have it understand how weird it is for a writer to go through the unedited version of her very first novel ever.

So please be patient.

⬛️⬛️⬛️

Respect the training.
Honour the commitment.
Cherish the results.

* * *

K I A R A

The dinner after the ceremony was awful. Not the food, rather it was the attitude. It was nothing like I imagined.

I had imagined people to smile at me, say polite things to me and make me feel like I was a part of the pack. But apart from Elena, Bella, Ash and the twins no one had talked to me.

Perhaps it was me, I was an introvert. But I knew it was more than just that. It was because of my hesitance during the ceremony. Though Ashton stayed at my side giving me encouraging smiles, many of the pack members wore an expression of doubt as they looked at me. A few were muttering about my weird behavior during the ceremony while others just focused on me, scrutinizing me silently. I felt like I was being X-rayed by different people from different angles.

A stupid split second hesitation had already down the seeds of doubt in their minds.

Great going, Ki! Not even two hours and you've once again shown the world how stupid you can be.

My nerves were killing me right now. I could hear whispers and comments around me and I could do nothing to stop it.

How could they judge me on what happened there? It wasn't like I planned to do that. What else was I supposed to do when I didn't feel it right?

They had no idea, what I actually felt at that time. They hadn't been through what I had been, and they should know, breaking off all my connections to my old pack wasn't so easy.

True, I hated my old pack now, but not everybody there. Dark Wolf pack had many memories attached to it. My childhood, my sister and my moments with Dad.

There was my Mom, Nellie, Stella and even Luna Diana. They loved me even when I had been demoted to an Omega. They had been with me when life was hell, and it was ten times more difficult to break off my connections with them when I remembered all their kindness.

Then on the other hand, there were Lucifers like Alpha Jason who hated me to the core. And Nicole, the Mate-Snatcher, whose aim in life was to make me as miserable as possible.

And lastly there was Aden. My stupid mate who just wouldn't get out of my head. As much as I hated him, he still haunted my mind like some evil spirit.

I pushed my plate away and stood up. I was feeling sick inside and the stares aimed at me by the pack members weren't helping either.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked me concerned.

Definitely not.

I smiled in a weak attempt to reassure him. "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. I just feel a bit drowsy, right now. There isn't anything left to do, is there?"

Ashton eyed me, obviously not believing me. "No, there isn't. You can surely leave if you are feeling drowsy. People seem to have finished dinner, anyway. I don't think they'll stay back for long."