35

C H A P T E R 35

Samantha woke up from her, sad to say, usual Halloween nightmare and was very happy that their first Quidditch match was this morning to distract her. She was also fifteen and another year closer to becoming an adult wizard. This time around, the anniversary of her parents' death didn't take a toll on her as it usually did.

She sat up and saw a few boxes at the edge of her bed. Looking around, she noticed Angelina and Alicia weren't there but there was a note on her bedside table.

Decided to let you sleep in a bit. Team's already at breakfast. Let's get the win for your fifteenth!
-A and A

Samantha smiled. She really did have the best friends anyone could ask for and would be forever grateful.

Swinging her legs off of her bed, she stood up and realized she had an hour before they had to be in the locker room for the match.

She placed the boxes on her pillow and would open them later.

Samantha freshened up and put on her Quidditch warm ups and her favorite Gryffindor scarf due to the coming wind chills.

Feeling like she was ready, Samantha grabbed her wand and headed out of her dorm and down to the Great Hall.

Walking in, she was met with the usual excited Gryffindors, and happy Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. Heading over to where her friends were, many students wished her good luck and some even wished her happy birthday.

Samantha was confused since she never told anyone other than her friends her birthday but of course news spread fast around Hogwarts.

Everyone was eating breakfast and Samantha sat down next to Ron and across from Angelina and Fred.

Ginny, seated a few spaces to the left of them, wasn't looking to good. She had bags under her eyes and her hair was in disheveled knots. She hasn't spoken much since the attack and it looked like she hadn't had many meals.

Ron tried to cheer her up but it was no use. He spoke how awful Mrs. Norris was and that it was much better that she was gone. Samantha internally laughed at the last statement.

"Ginny, lighten up. Things are going to be ok," Fred said soothingly as he gave her a one armed hug.

She nodded slightly but still looked very disturbed by the whole situation.

Samantha studied Ginny's behavior and knew something was going on. She suggested visiting the Hospital Wing but Ginny brushed her off and left the table, clutching an old book to her chest.

"I hope she comes to the Quidditch match, she could use some fresh air," George said frowning.

They all got up to head to the locker room and as Samantha left the Great Hall, an arm caught hers, holding her back.

"Good luck today," the voice said and a smile formed on Samantha's face when she saw that it was Cedric.

She and Angelina were in the back of the group so only they noticed. She gave Samantha a knowing look that said "You better tell me later" and turned, catching up with everyone else.