Old friends, New Enemies

"Sergeant Alik!"

"Yes General Nazrith?"

"I have orders from King Isaac for you to see him"

"Aye they will be fulfilled sir!"

"At ease Sergeant."

Why in the Plain of Gord would Isaac want to see me? We haven't talked since we were younglings! Aye maybe he heard I was a sergeant among his men. Maybe he wants to sentence me to death for my radical ideals and beliefs against his authority.

After a moon's journey I finally make it to the capital. I couldn't help but take my time walking on the cobblestone streets. In the air their was a smell of fresh bread. The laughter of small children could be heard. Some children being scolded by their mothers weren't laughing anymore. The voices were rather sad.

I finally made my way to an inn known as Yorgouh's Rest. This is the inn Isaac wanted me to meet him in. I walk over to the Inn keeper and give him the code I was told to give him.

"Frog Lurk"

"Aye he is in the back room waitin for ya."

"Thank you"

I walk to the room which Isaac was staying in and I gave to the door twenty seven hard knocks. After a few seconds I heard a gruff voice call to me

"You're late"

I open the door with a reply " Apologies"

"Aye that camp you were stationed at was quite far from here.

"Aye and what is it you want Isaac?"

"You know about the deal with the necromancers correct?"

" I do know about it."

"Well they're mad. We can't pay them any longer and we fear in the next coming moon that they will turn on us"

"Yes they will it's in their nature."

"Of course but I need you to slay the Necromancers."

"Doing the kings dirty work am I? I'll do it for a price of course."

"Alright after this is done and the war effort is finished you and your bloodline will never have to pay tax again and I will double your pay for serving in my army's ranks."

"Aye than you have yourself a deal."