#68 Remember me? (part 2)

You stared at him for a second; confused. Then you snapped. "oh my god, Thomas?!" You laughed slightly staring at him with disbelief.

He nodded, chuckling slightly. "its me"

You immediately jumped up, wrapping your arms around his neck and laughing pathetically. "oh my god, its been so long". You held him tightly, shutting your eyes and sinking into him.

Thomas was your best friend since grade 1, you guys went to the same school up until grade 8 when Thomas's family had to move immediately. You never got to say goodbye and he never tried to keep in contact with you. You hadn't talked for a little over 10 years.

"its been too long" He mumbled into your neck, sending chills down your spine.

You held him tightly, not wanting to let go. but, eventually time caught up to you and you were forced to part from him.

"you've changed a lot" He said laughing slightly, eyeing your body up and down; biting his lip softly as he did so.

"You have too" You chuckle a bit and pat his chest. "Still cute though" You smiled.

"aggh theres that word again. Do I still look like I'm 6?" He laughed.

"nope, you've definitely changed" You smile brightly.

"finally." He joked and rolled his eyes, laughing a bit.

"uh.. listen, I actually get off right about now so if you're not busy then.. how about I get you a coffee and we can chat?" You smiled.

His face lit up slightly, his smile illuminating the room. "Yeah, i'd like that"

5 minutes later, once you were done making your coffee and taking off your apron; you went and sat down at a two seated table near the big café window where Thomas was already sitting.

He already had his own coffee so you didn't have to bother getting him one.

He sighs happily and looked at you. "you're even more beautiful then the last time I saw you.." He smiled kindly. "if that's even possible."

you felt your cheeks turn red and you chuckled, but your little smile soon disappeared and you just shook your head.

"what? you don't think you're beautiful?" He asked, curiously staring at you.

You just shrugged. "I guess nobody's really told me" You said quietly, looking down.

"well I shouldn't have left you with a bunch of idiots then should I?" He shrugged casually and took a sip of his coffee. "They're obviously blind to beauty."

His voiced seemed so calm, so honest. It was hard to deny what he was saying,

"But now that I'm back you wont have to worry about those blind people. I'm here now, and all you need to do is open your eyes and look in the mirror, darling... you're beautiful"

After that, your pulse never slowed down. Your conversation with Thomas at that restaurant lasted for hours until the place eventually closed. You guys laughed, frowned and snickered.

You both stepped outside of the shop, shivering slightly as the cold wind hit you.

"Well, I have to say that was the most fun I've had in a long time" You said smiling.

He nodded and looked down at the pavement then back up at you. "I'll have to agree on that one.. anyways,  I have to get going but...  could I see you again? Tomorrow night?" He asked, hopefully smiling.

"yeah, yeah i'd love that" You smiled, trying to contain your happiness.

"I'll text you.." He nodded, smiling brightly with a glimmer in his eye. (you gave him your number earlier)

"alright.." You nodded.

"yeah.."

"mhm."

"I'm gonna go now" He said laughing awkwardly and nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Good idea." You giggled and smiled.

He walked backwards, waving at you slightly then turning around to walk away fully. Once he was fully out of distance you smiled to yourself and looked up at the sky as it began to trickle water.

 This was certainly a good day, and you couldn't wait till tomorrow.

___________

Part 3?  Comment below!