Chapter 31: The Aftermath

Cole's POV

It can't be him....I must be seeing things...Right? Oh god Cole you're getting old.....Jameson's dead! He's not here! He's not real!......He can't be.....

"I need some air,"I sighed, and walked out of the hospital. I paced back and forth for a good 10 minutes, before I realized I wasn't alone anymore. There he was...The ghost who used to haunted my dreams. Jameson Fredrick Chancellor. My favorite brother. "You're dead,"I muttered, and continued pacing.

"I'm right here little brother," Jameson replied

"I'm right here little brother," Jameson replied. I looked at him, and shook my head. I looked back down at the ground, and stopped pacing.

"You're dead,"I repeated.  I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I quickly moved away.

"I'm not dead Cole,"he stated,"Look at me." I looked at my older brother, and took in his features. His hair was the same, maybe a shade darker. His eyes were still like dads, and his build was still muscular. He probably couldn't beat me up though.

"You can't be alive,"I stated, and glared at him slightly. He stuff his hands in the pockets of his lab jacket, and took a step towards me.

"Well I am,"He sighed, and patted my shoulder. "When you're ready to face the facts. I'll be here to tell you the real story,"He stated, and walked back inside. I leaned against the wall of the hospital, and ran a hand through my hair. My brother's alive....Jane's gonna lose it.  I need to go home, and sleep on this.

I walked back into the hospital, and saw everyone sitting in the waiting room. Hunter, Wesley, and Drew had joined the others and they looked extremely tired. I checked my phone and saw that it was 4:05 am. When Carter saw me he came up to me, and put on hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?"He asked.

I rubbed my forehead, and sighed,"I'll be alright it's just....A lot to take in." Carter removed his hand from my shoulder, and looked at the front desk.

"The world is just full of surprises,"He chuckled.

"I know right,"I agreed, as we walked over toward the group. Talia came up to me, and pulled me into a hug.

"Natalie told me everything,"She mumbled in my chest. I kissed her head, and rubbed her back. She pulled away, and stood by my side.

"Drew, Hunter, Wesley I'm taking you guys home,"I announced.

"What about Sean?"Hunter asked,"Someone's got to stay here, and wait for an update."

"He'll be fine,"I assured,"I'll have the hospital call in case things change. You can come back tomorrow." Hunter and Drew nodded, but Wesley just looked at his feet. Nat noticed Wesley silence, and spoke up.

"Wesley what's wrong?"She asked, and sat next to him.

"Where am I suppose to go? My brother's your prisoner,"he sniffled. Carter rubbed the back off his neck, and Nat looked up at Carter then back to Wesley.