Harry Potter x Annaka Malfoy

(A/N I have a lot of requests, but I'm struggling a bit with them so I've been jumping around in order. Sorry for those of you that have been waiting for so long. For now I'm just getting done what I can while still trying to stick to the order they were requested in, but that isn't working very well.)

Requested by: LyricsLife

Annaka thought all hell had broken loose when that leather touched her head. When the worn ring of the dirty Sorting Hat was lowered to her head and her blonde hair rose up from her head to connect with the fabric. The Sorting Hat wasn't even on her head yet, as though all it needed to know about her could be found through the strands of her thin hair. 

"Ravenclaw for the Lady Malfoy!"

She could see her parents horrified faces deep in the back of her mind. The cold ice of her father's glare as he refused to break eye contact even while her mother wept quietly on his shoulder. Ever so slowly, his head would twist back and forth in small shakes of disapproval. The image blocked all other thoughts in her mind and the misty tears clouding her vision made it so she couldn't find anything else to distract herself. She thought she could hear the Sorting Hat chuckling to itself at it's decision, as if he took pride in destroying her life, or it was the laughing at heartless Gryffindors taking pride in seeing a natural born Slytherin cry. 

The laughing came again to her ears the morning of the howler. The red envelope lay on her empty plate, spotless without food. Food or water had not touched her lips and remained in her stomach since the beginning of the school year, but now they felt more chapped and her throat more parched than ever before in the past week. Mail had been quiet since the decision of her house, her parents too occupied with her disgrace to honor her with any familial love. She didn't open it, the screams were already in her ears. A constant string of insults and disappointment. She stared straightfaced at the Howler, staring beyond it's gnashing white teeth and deep soulless eyes into her own thoughts. Into the Gryffindor table, from which she recognized the voices in her head belonged to some of them. Silent tears rolled down her cheek onto her empty plate, the largest meal that had been on her plate at Hogwarts but one of many she paid no attention to. 

The Howler stopped screaming and now the hall was filled only with silence. The thoughts were gone, all the voices no longer spoke. Annaka could not stand it any longer and replaced the ringing silence with her own screaming. She whipped her wand out of her pocket and shot straight up from her seat and light the parchment on fire. A few meals and pieces of food on the plates of poor Ravenclaws surrounding her were set alight as well and they could not find a spell to douse the raging fire. 

Students stayed seated, shocked. Some frivolously tried to put out the fire but found it did not burn or spread, it just stayed flickering and bright. A slow clapping came from the Slytherin table and Annaka whipped towards it. The same blonde hair of her family rose from the table, stopping short because of the small stature of the boy. "Wonderful spellwork sister, you really do belong with the geeks."

"I belong not as your sister any longer, unless your ego is so big it's filling your ears and you didn't hear our dear parents lovely letter."

"I can hear plenty fine dear sister, just as I can see plenty well those sad tears." He pouted in fake sympathy. 

"As long as I cry Draco, these tears will drown you. Keep your gob shut if you don't want it sealed." The fire blazed poignantly. Draco held a deep glare with Annaka. The alight Howler's fire jumped off the table and leaped onto the floor towards him, he flinched and his blue eyes glowed in fright as his deadfaced sister. The fire dissapaeared and she sat with a self satisfied smile. The act had been put up, the scene had begun. Enter brother and sister hating each other, even if offstage they were truly good friends.