CHAPTER 21 - THE MEMORY (JAMES)

CHAPTER 21

THE MEMORY

JAMES EDWARDS

There can't be a woman like this. I've never heard of girls NOT getting jealous of their boyfriends' exes.

The minute I told her about my ex, I saw a disappointed Mia. Not the 'jealousy-Mia' that I expected.

I just couldn't hide away the truth. It just came out of me from nowhere.

Valencia.

She's the one.

My ex.

My first crush.

The girl who took my virginity.

And the girl who broke my heart for the first time.

So much of impact isn't? She left a deep crater in my heart. I don't know if that has healed because the moment I saw her, the first thing that came to my mind were the few words that she said.

"I am your first. I know it's unforgettable. I know that I'm going to break your heart someday because this relationship of ours can't last long. I'm moving to Hong Kong tomorrow and the last thing I want to say is don't ever fall in love with someone who you don't think you can live with practically. I know we've taken a wrong decision by falling for each other without thinking if we can ever live together but keep in mind James, to never take a wrong decision because your heart can't tolerate numerous heartbreaks and if it does then there won't be enough space in your heart to accommodate for the one who enters your life as your spouse. You can't really live a life of guilt, pain and agony. So wait till you find your true love."

Those words ring in my ears very often now that I'm actually struggling to know if Mia is the one.

I was so surprised when I knew I recalled a long lost memory. Well, not a lost memory though. It's really surprising that I remember. It was always hard to remember anything that happened years before the accident but this one still lingers in my brain.

Strange isn't?

That's the kind of impact she had on me. 

Remarkable, irreplaceable, unforgettable.

It's just fossilized.

My heartbreak hasn't healed for the past two years. No one has replaced Valencia. There's a space in my heart that can never be replaceable. I already lost it to Val. She was my first true love. It's hard to get over it, isn't?

I've not really shared this with anyone but I really did want to talk about this with Mia.

It's really hard to believe that I'd been into so much at a tender age of 14. After all love has no age bar. It just stays even when you turn sixty.

Crush, kiss, love, sex, heartbreak all at once – when I was fourteen.

Just a year that changed me entirely. I was no more the reserved guy.

Valencia was 15. Soon to be 16 when we dated. One and a half year of experience is what that differed me from her.

Val was more experienced. She was out going, lovable, cute, hot, playful and cheesy and most importantly an amazing traveler. She said many things about life and love. She taught me how to actually live a life and enjoy it to the fullest.

She once said, "James, I always made it a habit to talk to the stars whenever I felt lonely. But the moment I got closer to you, you where the only star that shone brighter to me and I wanted to share my life with you."

No one has ever said that to me earlier. It was magical. Everything she did was magical.

But when I wanted to say Mia about Val, she refused to know anything and I didn't know how to respond.

She was totally disappointed in the first place and that was a sure thing.

But she said that all she cares is me.

Me.

Not a single girl I dated said that.

Yes, I've dated a couple of girls in the past two years but I made it a point to never fall in love just like that. You can't really control your feelings, can you? But I did. I did really control my emotions but it wasn't that with Mia.

So I kept staring at the tiny figure of hers tangled in my arms. I could find that trust in her eyes.

Man, she trusts me!

I'm the one-night stand kind of guy, a playboy, a guy with a lot of adulterated history but she really trusts me?

James, you've got her.

You won her.

So I gently crashed my lips against hers. Again.

I release her from my strong grip on her waist so that we could get some oxygen. I open my eyes and find Mia panting. I immediately feel some eyes burning on me so I quickly turn my gaze.

And I find Val staring at us.

A/N:

I hope you enjoyed reading James' history.

A lot of history isn't?

I'm just making his character complicated.

And yeah, do you think they're ready for this relationship?

Will Valencia's charms pull James towards her?

Continue reading and find the answers for yourself!

Xoxo

- Sindhu