Chapter 11: Lost in Our Hands

|Andrew|

  “Go faster! Boba! What the hell do you think you are? The snail’s granny?!”

    “Shut up! And stop moving! It’s making me hotter!”

    “What the fork do you want me to do? I’m melting here like the freaking Wicked Witch of the West. Go faster! Faster!”

    “Do you want me to stop now? ‘Cause if you keep whining and complaining, I’ll stop and kick you out.”

    “I’ll be the one driving before you can kick me out. Let me drive!”

    “No! This is my truck and I’ll be the one driving. We’ll be there. Just in time, you’ll see.”

    “Boba! I’m serious! I’ll die if you don’t press the pedal gas.”

    “Will you shut up?! Let me have some peace, for the love of Megan Fox!”

    The scorching old leather seat—that was underneath me—was stuck at my limps' bare skin and the humid breeze puffed a hot vapor on my face, making me wish to stop the truck and ran away from this burning sun. The road was deserted and somehow I was expecting for an exotic animal to make us company but nothing accompanied us. I wish my ears could be pleased with some good music but since this truck is timeworn, the radio doesn’t work.

    “Boba?” Riley whispered from the passenger seat, “I intend to go to the beach at daylight, not at night, so go faster.”

     I glanced at her and saw the strands of her hair stuck on her sweaty face, “I’m going fast, Riley. And this road is a shortcut; I know this was the way dad took when we went to the beach last summer. Just let me do this. And shut up!”

    “It’s a long-way that’s what it is! We’re going to be late!”  

    “Well, if it wasn’t for the sleeping beauty that woke up thirty minutes ago then maybe we will already be there with them.”

   “I’m sorry! I couldn’t sleep! What did you want me to do?”

   My glare silenced her just in time before she could ramble what happened last night. I snapped my sight back to the main focus: the heated road. In some way, I thought the air will be awkward since last night, but I was wrong. It was normal… more than normal. Riley was happy, and I knew why.

  “Are you mad at me?” Riley asked insipidly, “You seem really off.”

  “No,” I retorted, “How ‘bout we talk about my moment of silence?”

  “Gees, talk about crankiness. And I thought I was grumpy.”

   My conscious sense opted to ignore her obnoxiousness. I knew I was mad. I was pissed, angry, frustrated, insane and in love. That’s why I’ve been acting so stupid lately. Because of her. I took one last glance at her and thought silently, I’m aching because of you, all because of you.

   No wonder I’m acting like this, her rosy glimmering face increases in its beauty and it slowly captures every single inch of my existence. Everybody thought she was beautiful last night—and she was—but to my view, I see that she gets more beautiful every day. Each day that passes, each day that beauty kisses Riley’s cheeks and leaves a bit of its magic.

   Just to think about the girly side of Butch makes my scowling face soften in a smile. How my heart began to sprint—last night—to throb until exploded. The horrible sensations that I felt when I saw her are still tangible; my eyes were glued to her delicate figure, my heart suddenly became numb due to so much pounding, beads of sweets were formed on back of my neck as the killing butterflies—along with the love bug—slayed my huge ego.