0.9 : queen's

I walk into the house, shutting the door behind me. This was one of the only nights lately that I actually got home at a reasonable hour. I kick my shoes  off and sigh, stretching my limbs. Tonight was insanely intense, and I just needed to sleep for about 300 years.

The house was completely silent and the lights were off, leading me to believe that Piers was either asleep or out. I sigh and sit down on my couch, grabbing the remote for the T.V. The creaking of stairs stops me and I look to my left, watching as Piers steps closer to me. His eyes looked tired, his beard growing in. He had a neutral expression on his face as he swiped the remote from my hands, turning the T.V. off and facing me again.

"What was that for?" I sit up with furrowed brows.

"We need to talk." He says, his voice raspy. "Your teacher called and told me that you've been acting up in class."

"Which teacher?" I question. Though I didn't like any of my teachers, I barely ever acted out towards any of them..

"Harris."

My eyes roll to the back of my skull and I lean back on the couch. "I swear, that man is out to get me. I didn't do anything, okay?"

"That's not what he told me." He crosses his arms. "What's been going on with you lately? Why are you being so rebellious?"

"I'm not!" I squeak out, "I swear I'm not!"

"Do you think mom and dad would be proud of you right now?" He barks. My eyes go wide and my heart begins to race, my jaw clenching and releasing sporadically.

"Don't." I growl, and he shakes his head.

"I have to. I have to get you to understand somehow!" He yells, making me cower away from him. "They're dead, okay?! All you have is me, so why don't you listen to me! I'm trying to help you!"

"Stop it!" I scream at his getting up. He takes a step towards me.

"I lost them too, okay? I know what you're going through!" He yells back, and I shake my head rapidly, tears quickly forming in my eyes.

"You don't know ANYTHING!" I scream at the top of my lungs, the tears spilling over. "ABOUT ME, ABOUT ANYTHING GOING ON IN MY LIFE! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL, SO JUST STOP! STOP TRYING TO BE MY PARENT!"

I'm unable to register what happens next in time, but when I open my eyes, I'm on the ground. A small sting radiates from my cheek and I bring my hand up to it, soothing the red spot. From where he slapped me. If I wasn't a haltija, that slap could have very well knocked me out from the power behind it.

It took all of my strength to not turn there, but before I even had the chance, I was already up the stairs. I run into my room and lock the door behind me, sliding down it and burying my head in my hands. I heave, my body shaking as I let out an ugly sob. With trembling hands, I grab my phone, immediately dialing Isaac. I couldn't do this alone- Not tonight, and he was the only one I trusted enough to help me.

"What's up?" His sweet voice comes through, instantly soothing something within me.

"I-Isaac," I choke out a sob, taking a deep breath, "Please," I can't get my sentence out, but he realizes that something is wrong, causing a commotion on the other end.

"Carmen? Whats wrong?" He rushes. I hear a door open and before I can even answer, he interrupts me. "I'm coming over right now, I'm coming."

I hang up and chuck my phone across the room, sulking in my misery for a few more minutes before I hear my window slide open. I look up to see Isaac face-plant on the floor of my room, disregarding his embarrassing fall and scurrying over to me. My face is red and stained with tears, making him internally break.