#11

"So if you add those two, then you find the square root of that, you'll get the answer." I try to explain to a confused Thomas.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his face screwed up. His pencil was hovering over his paper as he went back and forth trying to figure it out.

"How?" He looks back at me, and I roll my eyes and snatch his pencil. I hover over him with my chest leaning on his shoulder.

"Look. To get the hypotenuse, you square this number," I circle the first number next to the right angle. " and then this number," I circle the other. "Then you add them both together." I glance at him to make sure he was listening, but he was just staring at me.

"What?" I look at him as he starts to grin.

"Your cute when you get frustrated." I try my hardest not to smile, and he leans in closer. Unable to move, I stay frozen in place.

He places his lips onto mine and we both pull away in a split second. Both our eyes wide.

"We should never do that again." I say.

"Yeah. I-I mean no."

We both sink back in our seats. I can feel Thomas smiling. I bite my lip and avoid his stares, but I can tell he was trying to catch my attention.

I knew then that we probably won't keep that promise of 'never doing that again'.

---------------------------------------------------

Happy Mother's Day to all the mummas.

Love ya

~R