Chapter 7: How Many Times Do You Have To Stab Your Mom For Bad Karma?

😼

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/03/f2/a4/03f2a496fbadfa63d50485109d7494be.jpg.

PHONE CONVERSATION

D- And your calling because?

K- I'm supposed to help build The Miss Mystic float for the founders day parade. If I don't, I get the wrath of Caroline. But I wanted to check in first.

D-Well, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking.

K- I'm checking on Stefan.

D- Your sister's boyfriend? Why?

K- Because she'd rather me call than have him think she's smothering him.

D- Makes sense. But Stefan. He's--he's terrible.

K- What's the matter?

D- He's just back to boring, straight-laced, off the junk. Elena successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality.

K- That's what she's good at. But what does that say about you, considering you helped her?

D- I hate myself. Hey, did uncle John mention anything to you about my field trip with your history teacher?

K- No, I'm taking every chance I get to avoid him so we've barely talked. Why? What's he up to?

D- I don't know. But I'd love it if you could find out for me.

K-...I gotta go. I'm late.

D- Have fun with The Mystic Queen. I know I did.

K- Comments like that are the reason you have no friends.

END PHONE CONVERSATION

I chuckled slightly and put my phone in my back pocket, picked up my bag and rushed to the car.

-TIME SKIP-

"Hey Alaric" I waved.

"With me, now" he pushed me towards his classroom.

"Why what's happening?" I entered to see Stefan and Elena already there, I took a seat and Ric closed the door, only for it to be opened again and for Damon to enter.

"Damon. Thanks for coming" Alaric greeted.

"Sorry, I'm late. The dog ate my, uh...never mind" Damon greeted back. "What's with all the furrowed brows?" Damon asked.