Chapter Thirty: I'm More Clueless Than A Kardashian Without A Camera Crew

Twitter: @BlairHoldenx

Instagram: @jessgirl93

Chapter Thirty: I'm more Clueless Than A Kardashian Without A Camera Crew

Breathless and shaking all over I turn around so that I'm on my back. My trembling hands reach for the phone as I do what I've done in well, not similar situations but close enough. In five seconds flat I'm in a conference call with Beth and Megan.

"Will you guys first please tell me whether my brother or my boyfriend's best friend is within hearing distance?"

"No." They answer simultaneously and I sigh in relief, my head making a thudding sound as it comes into contact with the pillow and I breathe through my nose.

"So we have a code red situation." I tell them and am immediately bombarded with questions from both of them.

"But you're with Cole right? He was going to surprise you and he told us...are you okay?"

"Do you want me to bring out my steel toed boots and kick him? But I should warn you, then you won't get to have those genetic lottery winning blonde haired, green eyed babies Megan's been fantasizing about."

"What?" I half shriek and Megan groans at the other end.  

"I just said that if Cole and you ever had kids they'd be the cutest things ever! And I get dibs on being the godmother because Beth's going to be their aunt anyway."

"Hey!" Beth shouts in protest and I can almost see her pale skin becoming tinged with a deep shade of red. If I weren't seconds away from a certified panic attack I'd find this conversation very confusing.

"Guys would you listen to me! Did you forget what I just said about code red?"

"Right, so what's going on? Did you and Mr. Godsend have a lover's spat?" Beth asks wryly.

"No...uh," how the heck did I even consider doing it when I can't even talk about the subject with my best friends. This is how pathetic I am and Cole expects me to...I'm going to die. I know it, I'll die right here in this very bedroom and I'm about to tell two people the most embarrassing cause of death that's ever been recorded.

"Tessa what's going on? You're scaring us." Megan's voice is soothing and calming, like she's dealing with a frightened little child. Well, I'm not exactly acting like an adult right now am I? I'm sure the mature thing to do would have been to sit down with Cole and discuss my feelings and then plan a route of action-or no action- but look at me. I'm hiding, cowering beneath the comforter and running to my pseudo mommies.

"I think I want to take the next step with Cole." My voice is barely above a whisper. My face is flaming red and I've basically buried my head between my knees as if expecting a physical blow in response to my words.

There's complete silence on both lines. You can almost hear the imaginary crickets chirping.

It's Beth who cuts the very palpable tension surrounding us and when she speaks, it's the last thing I could have ever expected.

"What the hell? You two haven't slept together yet?"

A scandalized gasp leaves my month the some minutes Megan starts shrieking at Beth for being too crude and insensitive. I can't breathe, I just can't. This is what hyperventilation feels like right? Oh My God. Oh my GOD. My lungs struggle to function, as hysterical laughter bursts from within me. Now I can't stop laughing. I laugh until tears start pouring out of my eyes as my best friends continue fighting on the other end.

"I can't believe that's what you guys thought!" I say once I manage to calm down and catch my breath. If Cole's heard anything alarming then he doesn't make it known. But then I think the day has reached its saturation point of embarrassing moments. It can only get better right?