2:10

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER TEN |

"Why were you following Hayley?" Elijah compelled Shen Min, after saving Marcel and the hybrid in question from quite literally, their end.

"I was ordered to remove her from the playing field. She is an obstacle to what we truly want." The vampire told Elijah truthfully, the latter growled at him.

"Which is what?"

"The Monroe siblings, and Davina Claire." He was trying his hardest not to spill the Strix's secrets, but even he couldn't resist Elijah's compulsion.

Marcel and Elijah looked throughly unsettled and concerned by his admission, "What do you want with those three?"

"Tristan needs the three of them to activate a weapon to use against your family. Together, the three of them could be a force to be reckoned with." Elijah's anger was only growing by the minute, he suspected something odd was going on when he noticed that Tristan was being overly pathetically obsessed with Rhea, more so than usual.

"What weapon?" Shen Min used all of his remaining energy to resist Elijah's compulsion and remained silent. Elijah, not in the mood for games, squeezed the vampires throat even tighter, causing Shen to gasp for breath.

"Forgive me. I'm having a little difficulty hearing you right now. Speak."

Shen Min gasped for breath, "I'd.. Rather... Die." He mustered up all of his strength and pulled himself out of Elijah's grip. Falling weakly to the floor, he removed his daylight ring, immediately bursting into flames as Elijah, Hayley, and Marcel watched in shock as he died in front of them.

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea had been on her way to the nearest bar, when Hayley had all but cornered her— stopping directly in front of the smaller girl.

"Rhea, we need to talk."

The witch raised a brow, "Oh now this does sound serious, let me guess, the usual Mikaelson family drama? Lives in the balance, that sort of thing?" When she only got silence from Hayley, she knew her answer, "Well that could be a problem, for them. Now, if you'll excuse me." She went to side step around Hayley to leave, but the latter had put an arm out, halting her movements.

"Rhea. Tristan De Martel is going to try and get you, Ares and Davina to activate a weapon to use against them all." Rhea wasn't shocked, she knew Tristan was up to something, Hayley mistook her lack of shock for something else, "Unless you already knew."

Rhea shook her head, "No, I didn't know, Hayley. And even if I did, would I really be so inclined to inform them?"

Hayley narrowed her eyes, "You care about them, Rhea. No matter how much you may hate them at times, I don't think you'd actually let anything happen to them."

Rhea just smirked, "That just goes to show how little you know me, Hayley. I couldn't give a toss what happens to them anymore. I won't help Tristan, but I won't risk my life for what would probably be the millionth time trying to preserve that family."

Hayley sighed, "Well that just leaves one option. Sorry, in advance." Rhea raised a brow, daring the hybrid to try something, but the latter didn't have to. Marcel had vamp-sped over to them, clamping the manacles that prevented a witch from doing magic on her wrists.