42. liars and thieves

Linkin Park - Somewhere I belong
Are you guys sure wattpads servers are working right?? This book is no 29 in teen fiction and has over 60,000 reads!!!!! How????!!!! I feel like someone's pranking me.
Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It was a comet. The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited his entire life for it to come back to him. It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life: direction, beauty, meaning. There are many who couldn't understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday it would return to him, and his world would be whole again... And his belief in God and love and art would be re-awakened in his heart. The boy saw the comet and suddenly his life had meaning." - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill.

***

"No you won't" I say.

"You're not a murderer Lexis...life has just dealt you it's worst cards but like a card game, you can take charge and turn the tides. Let out your pain, anger, regret and hate, let love in,"

He laughs hysterically and slides to the ground, sitting down with his back against the wall.

I walk towards him and sit next to him on the ground quietly allowing him to laugh.It felt like his defence mechanism. Most people cried when in pain, hurt or crisis but it seemed Lexis laughed when experiencing those situations, not a laughter enveloped in joy but a laughter laced deeply with pain.

"Today ...today was the day..." He says finishing with a pained laughter.

Today was the day ...the day she died? Is that why he came here? To be close to her? Why did he bring me along?

"Lexis," I say. He stays silent.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask.

"To breathe," He answers.

I'm confused.

"It's suffocating...without you," He says. My hands instinctively slip into his holding tightly.

"She always smiled...painted...laughed," He says and laughs in pain.
"Suddenly I'd hear screams...crashes...he'd dissapear for the longest times...the smiles disappeared the laughter ceased...she'd come here. This was her safe haven. It helped keep her sane...He took it away from her, like he took everything from her," He says squeezing my hands.

"He drove her crazy when he locked her up, like he did me," he says.

Lexis was locked up?

"He locked you up for stealing?" I ask remembering how Nathan said he set Lexis up.

"Stealing? Where'd you get that?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

Shoot! I wasn't supposed to let him know and I can't lie to him, he'd know.

"Nathan, he said he set you up," I say.

"That's what he told you?" Lexis says looking amazed like he just heard a great joke. I nod.

"Hence you were sent away," I say.

Lexis chuckles.
"That's the best he could come up with?" Lexis says.

"It's not true?" I ask not wanting to believe Nathan lied to me. But Lexis had never lied to me either.

"I didn't steal," He answers.

"Then what really happened?" I ask wanting to understand why Nathan would lie.

"After she left... I changed," He says.

"How?" I ask.

"I got violent...I'd black out, forget myself, act without remembering what I did afterwards. I was bipolar and filled with conflicting emotions...You said I wasn't a murderer you are wrong. I didn't steal Hera...I tried to kill Nathan," He says .

My eyes widen in shock.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know... all I remember was hearing the screams of his mum, seeing the gun in my hands and Nathan crying with his pee flowing down his pant," He says and chuckles at the pee part.

"The old man had me locked up. He couldn't stand his image being ruined," Lexis says and gives a strained chuckle.

I remember what Nathan said about his dad seeing people as toys. Is that what happened with his son? He couldn't fix it so he put it away? No wonder Lexis was how he was. No child can be the same after going through all that at such a young age.

"How did you leave?" I ask.

"Mums best friend was a psychiatrist, he was out of the country when it all happened, upon his return he convinced him to let me stay in his mental institution. I lived in the asylum for three years, with mental patients, no visitations, locked behind a barred door. They'd have me trapped in a strait jacket. Injecting, ejecting, monitoring, studying, like a lab rat. Finally they decided to make me paint, it reminded me of her, the knife in her hands...the blood...the smile... the paint...the brush...it made me crazy. Yet funny enough it gave me a little sanity. It stopped the memory loss, the blackouts and gave me some quiet in the noise," He says and stops looking me in the eyes he asks.

"Does that scare you? That I'm crazy?" He says voice shaky.

I was a witness to what normal looking people could do ...no I'd rather have a crazy Lexis whom I knew what to expect with. I smile trying to blot out the memories.
"Your crazy is my normal, I'd rather have a crazy you...knowing what and who you are than someone who looks normal not really knowing what's hidden beneath, what their true thoughts are...they're the scariest," I say wrapping my arms around my body.

Lexis looks at me his eyes seeking answers to my statement.

"What..." He begins as his phone rings and I thank the heavens for the interruption, jumping up shouting.

"Pizzas here!" I rush out not wanting to open my wounds.

***
Your crazy is my normal...my dear heart! 💕
Don't forget to vote :-)