Chapter Five

Taehyung POV

I woke up the same time as always, got dressed and ate breakfast with my mom like how I had promised the day before. Although I was hearing whatever my mom was going on about, I wasn't really listening. The whole time I just couldn't stop thinking about the cute gesture Jungkook had made yesterday at lunch. I remember it all so clearly.

Oops. Sorry to put such weird thoughts in your head. Its not like I love Jungkook. Well, of course I do. But not in the weird way.

I just like his smile. His laugh, the way he looks at me when I goof around. He's just... I don't know. Perfect.

Oh god. I don't love Jungkook, do I?

Of course not! We've been friends forever! Its natural to question your feelings once in a while for someone you're so close to. Still, why do I feel the need to keep reminding myself that it would be impossible?

Jungkook POV

"Say 'ah'."

"Ah!" I rolled around in my bed, kicking the sheets and hugging my pillow close. "So embarrassing!" I screeched, not caring if my mother grew suspicious.

Why did I do that? Did I have something to prove? It was just an act of kindness, right? That's right, an act of kindness! It wouldn't be anything else, we're friends, friends! It couldn't be anything else! Its just weird teenage hormones! Perhaps I've been alone for too long....? That's right! I'm lonely! Lonely lonely lonely! I just need a girlfriend! I don't want one though, females are disgusting...

...or so I tried to convince myself. We both knew at the time that I was definitely questioning something. It might not have been that weird gesture or why I suddenly felt the urge to have a romantic or social life either. It was my feelings for Taehyung. The one who was always there, who made me feel like the best person in the world. Like everything I did was right and that I shouldn't question who I was.

This wasn't the first time I thought I had feelings for a guy. Back when I was in Japan for spring break, I met a guy. A really nice one too. He was about a year older than me and had sort of orange hair, but he was short. And I made fun of him for it. Argh. I can't remember his name. After that whole time, the while experience, and still. I can't remember a single name. Did it start with a J?

No matter, the topic at hand was Taehyung. Ah, Taehyung.

Wait what am I thinking, I must be sick! Hey...that's a good song title.

My mom came in my room, slowly opening the door.

"Honey, are you okay? You're usually dressed by now."

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine! I'll get ready now!"

I uncovered my face with my blankets and my mom rushed towards me.

"Oh! You're face is so red, you must have such a high fever!" She felt around my face and examined my throat.

Oh crap. Thinking about Taehyung made my face burn up...

"Mom, I'm fine!" I said, starting to pull away from her grasp.

"Oh, no, you're not! That's it, your not going to school today!"

What?

"You heard me, go back to bed! I'll alert the school that you have a fever."

"No, no, I'm fine, seriously!" I basically begged.

"No excuses! Look at you, you're still red as a tomato! Just go to sleep, you must be jet-lagged from the trip."

"But that was two days ago!"

She turned around, her face cold and calm, observing me. "You are not going to school today. Go to bed."

"Y-yes," I surrendered.

Taehyung POV

Why wasn't he here yet? I admit. Maybe I was a little earlier than expected, but it wasn't that much of a difference. Really, it wasn't. But I've been waiting for almost an hour. And we always come at the same time. Except for that one day...

I bolted out of my seat and immediately ran outside, taking my phone out of my pocket and quickly dailing his number.

"Stop! You there!" I heard someone yell. Damn. It never occurred to me that there would be a teacher here this early. Damn it, Jungkook, answer quickly goddammit!

The teacher caught up with me when the phone was barely ringing.

"H-" was all I heard before the male teacher grabbed my phone, shut it down, and put it in his pocket.

"Cellphones aren't allowed in school and you know that, Kim Taehyung! How many times do I have to catch you breaking the rules?!"

Tch. "I-I'm sorry." I briefly bowed, "it won't happen again."

"And his many times are you going to keep saying the same things?!" The sudden rise in volume made me jump slightly. "Come get your phone after class!" He started walking away toward the inside of the school.

"Class hasn't started yet!" I yelled after him. I knew he heard me. They always do.

Dammit, Jungkook. How much do I have to wait? Please be okay.