49 The New Plan

I really really love this cover! Cover by xxBellamyxx

Erik~~

"The Rosens have agreed to smuggle a small team into the Society's Estate four days from now." Thomas stands at the head of the meeting room table, the bunker filled to the brim with not only this group's rebels but others that have come to help.

Across from me, Vienna blanches, her blue eyes widening as if she's seen rather than heard something horrific.

"Six will be hidden in their car."

"How do we fit that many in the trunk?" someone asks.

"There are other compartments that—"

"No one discussed this with me." Vienna splays her hands on the table, eyes on Thomas. "Why is this the first I'm hearing about this?"

The bunker is silent.

"Well?"

L clears her throat. "You would have tried to stop the mission."

"You're going to assume how I think?"

"Yes," Anya says.

Vienna looks at Thomas. "If you're involving my family in this, you're putting me on the mission."

"That's fine."

"What?" L snaps at him.

"The Rosens car can smuggle seven in. Six are needed to go in and retrieve the Preeminence, and then I will need two others. We'll need someone to prepare a getaway van."

"She'll just alert the Society," L says.

Vienna narrows her eyes, her expression icy. "And implicate my family?" She pulls her eyes from L. "I'll do it," she says to Thomas.

He looks pleased to have her cooperation, and he delves into the details of the plan. The team of six will include me, Afreen, and Anya. "L will be outside the fence with the real getaway car." We'll be in communication with her about which lights to make sure are off. I was able to get into the system earlier today with Anya's and L's help. For those going with me into the Estate, we'll take a van from the Society. My family doesn't bother locking the cars in the garage when the Estate's gated.

Once the Rosens have left the Estate and the Society has gone to bed, we make our move. Retrieve the targets and transfer them to a van where Vienna will be waiting. Since the guards only stop people when they enter the Estate, and rarely when they're leaving, we shouldn't have any problems with getting out of the gate.

"Once we transfer our targets to our van," Thomas says, "I'll need two to stay in the Society's to lead the Veil away from the rest of the team."

Iris's aunt Beth leans back in her seat. "Vienna should tend to the prisoners."

Vienna lurches in her seat. "Why me?"

A rebel frowns at her. "Don't want to damage your reputation with them even further?"

Vienna ignores him.

"The prisoners will be most comfortable seeing you," Beth says. "And we want calm prisoners."

Thomas smirks, and I don't know why it ticks me off. Lila isn't present for the meeting. She's been banished from them and grounded to the Levine's bunker. "Now for the aliens in the basement." My stomach churns as he launches into the account I gave him on the Amoris. Those around me are riveted, and once they know what I am, they will look at me differently.

At the end of Thomas's speech, Afreen leans back in his seat, crossing his legs. "If the Rosens knew there were aliens the whole time, why didn't they say anything? Forgive me if I'm a bit inclined to believe Blackwood is lying."

A part of me is about to throw up my arm and offer my blood for testing when Vienna intervenes. "Only a select few who weren't full members of the Society were told. They didn't want rumors running wild. After all, the last thing they needed was the rebellions to start believing the Amoris were man-eating monsters. Not all of them are from space. Most were born here. This is their home. So don't start fighting under the banner of exterminating the alien invasion because you'll be severely disappointed.

I examine the back of my hand where the blue lines run underneath my skin.

She didn't mention that some of those 'aliens' are partly human.

Happy Mother's Day. Hi, Mom! (Yep, my mom's been reading this since the beginning!) Go on, say hi to her--she's awesome!

Speaking of Mother's Day, I'm in love with your FanFictions. You don't know how excited I get when I read them! It's weird to think people actually thought about my story when they weren't reading it. It blows my mind! Did you have fun with them? Should I do this again for another holiday in the future? If you still want to write one, just message me. Check out these swoon worthy stories (in random order by ship):

Colton and Iris

We Created It Lavanya8890

Expiration Date Mothers Day Kasity_Mihinnic

Cyber Love & Prophecy ChickenNuggets01111

The Secret Family choeygirl

Expiration Date Mothers Day MineBossM3lo

Loving Her E_duffy

Ours Snigdha_Sk

Jonas and Iris

Mummy's Expired queenquack

Absolutely No Regrets Jjdora

Expiration Date-Mothers Day 2024 ZoooeeIsFab

Us BreeMeza57

The Expired Mother choeygirl

Colris Galaxyuniverse

Erik and Iris

Expired Generation scifi_addict

Expiration Love _blinddreams_

Erik and Vienna

When the Season's Flowers Bloomed Lavanya8890

Inturrupted aquariushxrry

Life is a Fairytale Country_Rock_Diaries

Bently and a Taco!

Her Warm Beef MtMckinley11

Everyone!

My Mother Didn't Give Birth to Me toqa2789