Chapter tres

The girls and I are meeting at the mall for the last day of summer and I'm currently in my car, jamming to some old Justin Bieber song. I'm not the biggest fan of him, especially not lately with all the shit he's doing, but I am a sucker for his old songs. They bring back a lot of good memories and stories.

Summer ended as soon as it started, or at least that's how it felt like. I was probably drunk most of the nights and spent most of my days with Zada and Brooklyn. It was by far not the best summer I've ever had, but it made me happy and stronger to live my life before it started getting hard again, because of school. Probably better than seeing Hades everywhere I go, though. I'm pretty sure he graduated in jail.

Yes, he got sent to jail. My ex-best friend got sent to jail for being suspected for murder. For murder! And I didn't even know why he was away, before I turned on the t.v. and his face was all over the channels. I shake my head, not willing to let my thoughts about him destroy my good mood. I park in front of the mall and stop the engine. I step out of my car and look at it with pride before locking the doors. I spent a lot of time working at my dad's beach club to save all the money for this car.

He still can't believe that I bought an old-timer. If I would've listened to him, I would have bought a cute little blue Ford or something, that was new and more than good enough for me. But I love the challenge, ever since I was a child I love taking risks. And my old-timer was one of those risks that I love to take.
With its red colour that is already peeling off and turning into a grey-brownish mixture it gives me a good feeling in my chest, don't ask please.

I push my sunglasses further onto my nose and get into the mall. Thousands of different smells reach my nose and I smile. That's the good kind of mixture, I thought, referring to the night at the club. It's been two weeks and I can still feel my gag reflex coming up at the thought of the smell there. I also think about throwing up when I remember that I made out with one of the biggest idiots I've known. What again possessed me to do that? Oh yeah, another big idiot. I must really be some sort of idiot magnet.

I pass numerous food restaurants and hear my stomach growl. It's already 1 a.m. and I haven't eaten anything yet. I even skipped breakfast because I woke up a little late. I'll have to meet up with Brooklyn and Zada first, before being able to think about eating. I take the escalator to the second floor and walk all the way to the back of that floor, where the girls always meet. We should probably find another meeting point, because this mall is freaking huge and I need alone five minutes to reach them.

"Hello." I sing, in the tone of Adele's song and laugh when they turn around with dramatic faces.
"It's me!" They finish and I shake my head, embracing them in a huge hug. Zada is the first one to pull away and picks up her purse from the ground.
"Come on, girls. We've got a lot of shops to go in and look at their stuff, because I need some new clothes and make up, so let's go!" With that she takes off towards the escalators and gets on the one that leads us towards the third floor, also known as the girly floor.

I wouldn't really consider it that, but because of the fact that there are a lot of make up shops and clothing lines for girls, I guess it makes sense that the male population prefers the other bottom floors, that are full of game shops, electronics shops and clothing lines for guys. And a lot of fast food restaurants are placed in the bottom floors, whilst cupcake stores and a few bakeries are placed in the top floor. Okay I guess you can say that it's acceptable to call it the girly floor.

We laugh and follow Zada. That girl obviously knows where she wants to go, because as soon as we're up, she runs, literally runs towards the kiko shop. I roll my eyes... this girl.

><><><><

"Wow. I almost forgot how it was to go shopping with you." Stella says, exhaustively sitting down on the chair next to me. Stella joined us after we saw her walking around with her mom and little sisters. She looked so bored when we found her, sitting on a bench with her eyes glued to her phone and a bunch of shopping bags next to her. Apparently her sisters are back from summer camp and claimed that they needed new clothes because they grew so much. So cute. Anyways, we picked her up and after Zada went into probably all stores in the third floor, we finally took the elevator down and took a break in McDonald's.