18

Ashton's POV

Things were a quiet in the car today. I think it was because it had been 6 months since we had lost Cas, no one said a thing. Dean just kept his music low, Cas never took much of a liking to Deans music. Sam stared out the window and up at the sky. I sat in the back curled into a ball against the back seat, it was cold outside and Dean hated using the heat in the Impala it messed with the leather sheets.

I wasn't sure where we were going, I wasn't paying attention when Sam and Dean had been talking. I had been distracted by the day itself. Dean seemed distracted as well, he didn't glance back at me like he always did or periodically ask if I needed him to stop.

"We're gunna stop here for a bit." Dean said pulling into a stop station. I sighed, I needed to stretch my legs.

"I'm gunna go get some-" I stopped for a moment. My eyes must have been play tricks on me. My eyes widened as my hand swung out and I smacked my hand onto Deans arm. Dean looked at me oddly but when I turned my head back to where I had seen Cas he wasn't there.

"What?" Dean asked me suddenly, his head spinning on a pivot. I blinked at where I had seen him, my chest hurt and my body froze. "Ash what is it?" Deans voice was laced with concern. I reached my hand back towards my body and cleared my throat. I had just been seeing things.

"Nothing- I-um- card?" I asked, trying to changed the subject. Dean faced me with an odd look before he dug his hand into his pocket and tossed the card my way. "I'll get you some pie." I told Dean as his mouth dropped open. Then his face turned into a large smile as he winked at me.

I turned my back to Sam and Dean before rushing into the bathroom of the rest stop. My face and body was hot. I kept my head down over the sink. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me but something was wrong.

"Ashton." I looked up and saw Cas's reflection in the mirror. I spun around but didn't see him. "I'm only in the mirror Ashton." Cas's voice rang out to me. I blinked at him for a moment.

"Cas." I whispered with a hand on his face against the mirror. His face contracted a half smile. "I- how-"

"Ashton I don't have much time I should not even be here I am being disobedient right now." Cas told me, his head looking around slightly. "I am alright and please do not try to bring me back-"

"Like Hell I won't Cas- we've been trying to get you back for months-"

"And I'm tell you not too Ashton." Cas said to me, his voice hard. I narrowed my eyes at him before I let my hand drop from the mirror. "Ashton you, Dean and Sam need not to worry about me." Cas told me, I felt sick at his words.

"Cas not to disrespect an angel or anything Cas. But we are bringing you back, end of discussion." I hissed at him, Cas sighed before he was then gone. I sighed as I felt a sudden urge to bash my head into the wall. "Cas." I sighed and slammed the door to the bathroom on my way out.

"Ash, babe where's the pie?" Dean asked grasping my arm for a moment. I flinched back from him, Dean narrowed his eyes. "What's wrong?" Dean asked as he jumped.

"Oh I forgot it- I um- sorry Dean." I said, both boys gave me an odd look before Dean tossed an arm around my waist. Dean gave Sam an odd look for a moment, Sam nodded before we all got into the car. Dean rubbed my hip for a moment before slipping into his front seat. I glanced back at the rest stop before getting into the back seat.

////////////
A/N

Cas!!!!!

Instagram: @morganallen._ @agent.fangirl

Twitter: @carrotqueen459

Snapchat: @morganallen459