Something Wicked In The West

People always thought the West was warmer than the East. But now something had changed. As Erin moved West he got chilly. He wore a heavy coat, if anything he would have thought he'd have to strip layers. That wasn't the case. He got colder and colder.

He saw a Zombie. A loner one. Weird. They usually traveled around in packs.Erin looked around suspiciously. Were they getting smarter? Was this a trap? He paused, waiting for something to happen. He waited to get attacked, or anything to happen really. The Zombie just passed him,not attacking him. It didn't even acknowledge him. It was strange.Erin contemplated shooting it. He knew the sound of the gunfire would just attract more. Those watching would rush to It's defense. He spared the zombie.

Two days later he arrived at the Prison. No one was there. But there were still traces outside, showing someone had been here recently. A small military obstacle course was made and the footprints in the tires looked fresh. Erin figured this was where Colette's brother, Killian inhabited and decided he would wait a day to see if anyone would show, unless they had gone for good.

There was a group of people standing around outside. Kurt and Killian sighed.They taught them numerous times how to get in. It wasn't hard! "You all know how to get in." Kurt said. Abby, the girl Killian was interested in, turned around and rolled her eyes at Kurt.

"No shit."she had an attitude and it was sexy. "There's some kid here."Kid? Killian and Kurt ran to the front. It wasn't a kid. It was some smelly guy. Kurt poked him with the barrel of his gun. The guy woke up wide eyed and held his hands up in surrender.

"Whoa! I'm clean!"

"You don't look... or smell clean." Abby said, eyeing the guy up. The man was noticeably sick. Not like he was infected with the Virus, but a regular sickness.

"I've been on my own since the start. I'm here for Killian." Everyone looked at Killian.

"Who are you?" Killian didn't recognize the boy.

"Erin Cotter." Killian cocked an eyebrow. The name didn't mean anything to him. "You're Colette's brother." He winced at the name. "I dated her a long time ago." Erin dug around in his coat pocket and held out a piece of lined paper. "I have a letter. It's from Jackie." He was shaking, whether it was from fear, nerves or sickness, the man would soon be cured.

"Get him up and inside." They wanted to test him to see if he was human. But from how weak the guy was, taking blood would be risky right now.People followed the order and helped Erin get onto his feet. Erin shook his head, not wanting to go inside.

"I only came to deliver the note and have one night of safe shelter. I'm going out West."

"Not in your condition." Abby argued. Erin looked at her. "You can go. But you'll go when you're healthy." Erin agreed to her terms.

Killian read the letter from Jackie. She informed them the Zombies could in fact climb and were located two towns East of the Prison. Duh. They were everywhere. She explained who Erin was and told them all to be safe and reassured people at Camp, everyone on their team was fine.

Killian would have been relieved to hear that, had it been months without contact instead of a few months. It was predictable that they were okay now.But he still thanked God for not letting them be hurt or Zombie Chum. Kurt asked if Misha had said anything. When Killian shook his head, Kurt became sad and angry. Was what he and Meesh had truly nothing?

Kurt left the prison and shot off some rounds. Wasting ammo and calling attention to the place. Fuck it. Let the 'Bies get him if they wanted him. Misha left and didn't even care. What was the point anymore? He didn't have anything or anyone to live for. They were all done for anyway. All because of a fucking virus from homeless people! He'd go out his own way.

Kurt still hadn't come back. Killian sent out a search party for him. It didn't take long. Less than five minutes. He was only a block away with a gunshot to the head. After everyone paid their respects they lit Kurt on fire, just in case something tried making a meal of him.

The next order of business was to decide who the next group leader would be. Many people said Killian should be the leader, because he was Kurt's second in command. But he didn't want that responsibility. Hell, he couldn't even keep control of his sister's friends. What did that tell you? That he was a piss poor leader, that's what!

Killian shook his head. "Whoever wants it. Take it." Everyone looked around at each other, unsure of what to say or do. They were also afraid.

The next day Abby was the new leader and Killian remained his position as second in command. "It's like you're my First Lady." She teased when it was Light's Out and they were in one of the prison beds. He put his arm on her back.

"Yeah, right.More like you're my Vice President, because I stepped down from the job." He knew from her giggle she was rolling her eyes and had a smart comment to say.

"First Lady-Man." She sang.

A week later they all headed North. Everybody besides Erin. He kept going West when he felt better. Or at least he told them he was better. He was getting worse in all honesty. He just wanted everyone to leave him alone and quit babying him.

Erin was an adult warrior. He was surviving the end of the Human Life. He'd either live to tell about it or die like God wanted.

His body convulsed, although he was standing. He threw up all over the place.He took his shirt off. It was caked with blood and dirt. He was cold but also felt like he was on fire at the same time. "You don't have to fight it."He was now laying on the ground and when he opened his eyes Colette was looking down at him.

The sun hitting her blonde hair, beautifully. She had green eye shadow and her lashes were so long. She was wearing a patterned tank top and short shorts.Her knees were bent and she put a wet cloth on his forehead. Each time she touched his forehead, it got more and more wet.

"It'll be okay. I promise. Can you please stop fighting and trust me? Believe me. It's meant to be." He touched her face. It felt rough, compared to what it used to be.

"You're-"

"Shh. Trust me." She whispered before kissing him. He felt his heart rip out of his chest.

A/N

The story is soon coming to a close. Sorry for lack of badassery and action. I'm not very good at it. But thank you for reading! There's about three more chapters after this. Maybe more if I think of something. But I do have a surprise for you in the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it! :D Happy mothers day if I can't post the next chapter today!