Chapter Fifteen

The Icy Beta: Chapter Fifteen

Is it morning already? I blinked a few times but all I could see was darkness. I shifted from my current position and wanted to sit up from the bed when I felt something was holding me down. I twisted and turned myself to face the other side. The moment I turned, I was being pushed into a hard wall. The 'wall' had a warm temperature. I ran my fingers down the ‘wall’.

“Hailey, I would suggest you to stop whatever you are doing. Otherwise, I would just take you right here on this bed.” Brayden’s voice sounded husky. It was probably due to him the fact that he had just woken from his sleep. I immediately stopped and kept my hands to myself. I felt Brayden getting up from the bed and pulling me along.

“We have to wash up. Jayden wants to talk to us.” Brayden said as he led me to the bathroom. He passed me a toothbrush with toothpaste on it. All I needed to do was just brush my teeth. Brayden even helped me to wash my face. I wondered how I looked without foundation and make up. I was hoping that I didn’t look too pale. Brayden held my waist as we walked out of the room. Honestly speaking, I was pretty nervous. Come to think of it, I had hardly spoken to Jayden. In school, I also didn't talk to him much. In my impression, Jayden was actually quite intimidating. And I could understand why now. He was born to be a leader, an Alpha. That was why he had a strong aura emitting out from him.

“Hailey, are you ok? You don’t look good. Is your wound hurting? I should have called Amy to check on you before bringing you out.” Brayden suddenly stopped walking and said to me.

“No. No. It’s ok. You don’t have to alert Amy. I’m fine.” I tried to assure Brayden by putting a smile on my face.

“Are you sure about it? If you are in pain, you should tell me.” Brayden sounded worried.

“I’m fine. My wound isn’t hurting that much already. Don’t worry.” I said. Brayden wrapped both of his arms around my waist and held me close to his chest. He nuzzled into the top of my head.

“Are you very positive that you are feeling ok?” Brayden asked me the same question for the third time.

“Yes. Very positive about it. How many times do you need to ask me?” I said. "What about you? Your shoulder?"

"It's healing." He simply replied. I frowned upon hearing his answer.

"But didn't you say werewolves heal fast?" I asked. I waited for his reply but there wasn't any. I was about to speak up again when I heard someone calling my name.

“Hailey!!!” I hear footsteps getting nearer to me.

“Chloe?”

“Yea.” Chloe held my hands. “How are you feeling today?”

“Fine. Prefectly fine.” I knew they were concern about me. I couldn't help but wonder how many times would I be answering that question. At this moment, I really wanted to have the pack link so I could tell everyone at once that I was fine and they shouldn't be worried.

“Let’s go then. Jayden is waiting for us.” A new voice interrupted and it sounded like Aiden. An arm held firmly on my waist and guided me as we walked. After a distance, we stopped again and I heard someone knocking.

“Come in.” A voice came behind the door. The door opened and Brayden held me as we entered the room. Brayden guided me to sit on a sofa and he sat beside me as I felt the sofa dipped. I held Brayden’s hand tightly. I felt safer holding him.

“Let’s get started. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss about Hailey’s issue. Before we start, I want to know what exactly happened that day. Chloe, you might want to start first.” Jayden said in a very serious tone. The whole room was filled with tension. Jayden was probably asking about the details on the day when I attacked Chloe.