Chapter 35

Luke shifted me more towards Victor between acts. "I'm going to go find us more things to eat." He said, gathering up our garbage. "More waters?" He asked.

"Sure, that'd be great." Victor said with an easy smile.

"Thank you, Sugar." I said as he got up and headed out to wander on his own. I shifted more into Victor who pulled me onto his lap.

"Are you having fun?"

"I am." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck as I shifted to straddle him so we were face to face. There wasn't anything going on up on the stage right now as they were between acts. "I really enjoyed that group."

"Me too." He nodded, still smiling as we talked about what they'd played in their set. My eyes dropped to his lips as he spoke, mesmerized. "Princess?"

I blinked and my eyes darted up to meet his. "Sorry." I felt my cheeks flush with color. "I ... I just want..." I sighed softly and leaned into him, closing the distance between our faces and kissing him intently.

Victor trailed one hand up my back to tangle it in the hair at the base of my neck as he kissed me back, deepening the kiss when my lips parted to allow his tongue access. His other hand traced a pattern along my spine and ribs, as always, seeming to be playing a musical piece on my body... using the ribs as piano keys. I squirmed slightly in his lap. "Stay still, Princess." He murmured against my lips, stealing a quick breath before our lips locked again.

I instantly stilled, reacting only to his kiss and not the nearness of my body settled intimately on his as we sat there in the grass. I pulled away, needing to breathe. I smiled at him, meeting his eyes. "That was nice." I said.

He chuckled. "Very nice." He agreed, shifting me so that there was a little more space between us and I wasn't going to cause him any uncomfortable issues. His eyes studied me. "Might be time for more sunscreen."

"Probably." I nodded and reached to his side for where it was in my bag. He liberally sprayed me with the sunscreen and I reapplied the sunscreen to him as well before settling in, sitting on my own at his side, our legs touching as we sat together. I settled my sunglasses back on my nose and curled into him, welcoming his arm wrapping around me as we just sat there and enjoyed each other's company.

Luke didn't return by the time the next act started and during the third song they played, we were making out again to the sound of a love song, unable to resist as the music and lyrics drew us closer together and sucked us in to the moment. We broke apart when the song ended and the crowd applauded.

Including a whistle in our ears.

We both glanced up to find Luke grinning at us. My cheeks flushed with color. "Well that was hot." Luke said, sitting down, handing out bottles of water, giving me a huge bag of cotton candy and setting a few containers on the towel within all of our reaches.

My eyes widened, both at the size of the fluffy pink clouds of candy I was holding but also at the fact he'd made it back with bottles of water and 4 plates of food. "What in the world did you get..?"

Victor chuckled, surveying the plates and shaking his head. "Luke, you just went wild, didn't you?"

Luke shrugged. "Today's like a holiday for me. I'm allowed to do and eat what I want." He said lightly.

"No one said you couldn't." I reminded him. "It's just a lot for one person to carry back."

He laughed. "I had the water in my pockets and the cotton candy bag in my teeth." He said, leaning over and planting a kiss on the tip of my nose.

Victor laughed. "Always resourceful."

Luke nodded. I nudged him and glanced at the plates. "Right..." he smiled at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Fried pickles... elephant ear... strawberry shortcake and apple pie fries." He said, pointing at each of them. "And of course, cotton candy."

I laughed. "Sounds like I'm going to have my culinary taste buds expanded."

Victor smiled. "In only the way a south Carolina fair and Luke can manage to expand them for you." He teased, earning an eye roll from Luke.

"They all just sounded good." He said defensively before the next song started up and we fell silent, listening to the music and eating our way through four plates of food.

I sat comfortably between them, toying with cotton candy and eating it while enjoying the music, which ended up starting a bit of a make out session with Luke. I was startled when he first leaned in and kissed me. "Luke..."

"I'm sorry." He breathed, glancing over my head at Victor before his eyes focused on my face again. "But... you... cotton candy..." He shook his head and slanted his lips over mine again, his tongue plundering my mouth and transferring the sugary sweet taste of the cotton candy from my lips to his.

I sighed against his lips, shifting forward and wrapping my arms around his neck, giving in to the kiss. I heard the noise of a phone behind me, knowing that Victor was returning the favor from earlier and taking some pictures of us.

Victor shifted in his seat. "Be right back." He muttered and I heard him tuck his phone away and gather up the plates and other garbage around us before he went to go toss it way.

I pulled away from Luke, resting my forehead against his and looking at him. "I'm not allowed to eat cotton candy anymore, am I...?"

He grinned at me. "Only if we're alone." He said.

I inclined my head slightly. "That makes sense." I said, shifting to settle in his lap, his arms around me as I faced the stage again. He pressed his lips to my temple before holding out his phone and taking our picture. "I look like a crazy woman."

"No you don't." he said, nudging me. "Smile... you're beautiful." He clicked off a series of photos when I laughed. "Shall we take one to drive Gabe nuts? I have clips."

I giggled so hard at the idea. "Yes. We should." I nodded. "I can redo my hair." I felt his fingers automatically go to my hair and release the buns that I'd done my hair in today and finger comb them out before he twisted it haphazardly up into a twist and clipped it. "Now yours." I said, sitting up enough to be able to pull his hair up as well and thrust the clip he handed me into it. "There." I smiled.

He grinned back at me before raising the phone again, getting as high of a view as he could of our hair. He took the picture and showed it to me before he sent it to Gabriel. "And now... we drive him batty." He said, turning off his phone and tucking it away in his pocket.

"It's a little mean of us..." I said.

"He'll text you or Victor soon when I don't respond and you can apologize .He'll only accept it from you anyway." He said, taking out the clip and working on putting my hair back the way it was before.

"Gabe's gonna kick your butt." Victor said, setting back beside us on the towel. He set down a couple slushy drinks for us to share.

"Maybe." Luke shrugged as he finished with my hair and I shifted off his lap to settle again between them.

"I'll make it okay." I said, my hand stealing into Victor's as I gave his hand a squeeze. "Thank you for the drinks. What did you get?"

He explained the flavors he had picked up and we all started trying them, taking sips and swapping cups as the music group on stage finished up their set.