Chapter 1

Darry's pov

I hopped in my truck after along day of work. I was turning a corner when I saw a bunch of Socs were kicking something. I swerved my truck to where it almost hit them they saw my truck and all scattered. I hopped out to see what they were kicking I saw a little girl on the ground. I picked her up and put her in my truck. She was screaming crying. I zoomed into the drive way. I hopped out of the truck and swung open the passenger door. I grabbed her and put her on my hip and shut the door. I ran through the gate and threw the door open. The whole gang was here and looked at me like I was some type of physco killer. I rushed into the bathroom and sat her on the counter. I grabbed some rags and band aids. I started cleaning off her wounds putting peroxide on them. I didn't realize the gang was watching until one of them said "She looks worse than Johnny when he got beat up" I turned around and Steve was behind me. "Ya some Socs were kicking her" I said. I put her in the shower and got all the dirt off her and her hair. I used a pair of Ponys old boxers on her and safety pinned them on her. I grabbed one of Sodas shirts and put it on her. I picked her up and put her on my hip and took her to the living room. "Does she talk" Pony asked. "I don't know she hasn't said a word only cry" I said. "Does she have a name" Soda asked. "How old is she" Two-Bit asked. "What was she doing all by her lonesome self" Johnny said. "When are we throwing her out" Dally said. Everybody looks at him with a cold hard stare. "What I don't like kids" he said. Are eyes went back onto the little girl."Hi sweetie do you have a name" I asked. She shook her head no. "What kind of child doesn't have a name" Pony said. "Sweetie do you know how old you are" I asked. With her fingers she held up a three. "What is a three year old doing all by her lonesome self" Soda said. "Let's not ambush her with questions. Remember she's only three. Let's let her get some sleep. Hey sweetie were not gonna kick you out your gonna stay here for awhile. Ok." I said. "Ok" she peeped. "Oh look the kid talks great" Dally said. "Pony go grab her a blanket and a pillow" I ordered. I put her on the couch. Pony came back with a pillow and blanket. I put the pillow down and she payed her head on it. I pulled the blanket on her and it looked gigantic compared to her small figure. She was only about three foot three. Her hair was three fourths covering her back. She also had big brown puppy dog eyes. She had a cute little nose but not a button nose. She also had little baby hands to. She looked really skinny too.

Sodas pov

"Darry do you really think we can afford to keep her here" I said. "Why not we feed these Greasers all the time" he said. I shook my head yes. "But what about her parents" I asked. "From how skinny she looks it looks like she hasn't eaten in weeks" he said. Now that I look at her she has a pretty skinny face. She has a pretty big bruise on her left cheek. On her right eye she has a little bruise that matches the one on her temple. "Darry" I said "Hmmm" he said while looking up from his news paper. "How many bruises did she have on her when you were washing her" I asked "She had one on her right shoulder, all over her back, a bunch on her arms and legs, but she also has this cute little birth mark on the back of her neck that looks like two hearts connected" he said.

Ponys pov

"I think I'm gonna go to bed" I said. It was getting pretty late. "Can I stay here tonight my folks are probably fighting again" Johnny said. "Of course Johnny" Darry said. "Steve,Two-Bit,Dally are you guys staying" Darry said. "I guess but there's no way I'm sleeping on the ground so sleeping beauty's gonna have to get off the couch" Dally said. "Good night" Darry said and with that he picked up the little girl and carried her into his room. "Here are some blankets and pillows" Soda said coming down the hall.

Darry's pov

"Ok sweetie your gonna sleep with me tonight." I said. I put her down underneath the covers and pulled them up around her. I went to the bathroom to go brush my teeth and change into my night wear. I came back out in my pajama bottoms and saw the little girl was awake. "Hi what are you doing awake" I said. She just looked at me and shrugged. "Are you sure you don't have a name" I said. She looked at me and nodded. "Would you like a name" I said. She nodded. "What do you want your name to be" I asked. She looked at me and shrugged her little shoulders. "How about Ellie" she shook her head no. "Ok then I'm going to list off a list of names and you stop me when you like a name ok" I said. She smiled a bit and shook her head. "Crystal, Sarah, Masie, Mandy, Kaitie, Alice, Kamri, Bailey, Sami, Allie, Emily, Emma" she quickly stooped me "Stop" she said. "Ok goodnight Emma" I said. I climbed over her and laid underneath the covers. "Will you tuck me in" she said. "Sure" I leaned over I tucked both sides of her. "Is that good" I asked. She shook her head. "Are you my daddy now" she asked. "I guess. What happened to your old daddy" I said. She just looked at me with those big brown eyes that were now filled with tears. She looked down and closed her eyes to go to sleep. I didn't want to force it on her so I closed my eyes and went to sleep to.