I Want You

I suggest listening to the song above on repeat while reading this chapter. It's an amazing song and it goes great with this chapter.

Oliver looked on as Lucille and Shane stood having a grand time.  Whatever he was saying to her she found it hilarious.

She threw her head back in laughter, gripping onto Shane's forearm. Oliver tensed up at the scene. She was actually into him.

He moved closer to them pretending to be occupied with the coffee machine. He could now hear them clearly.

"I can't leave for lunch. I promised Lex I'd go over strategies with her."

"C'mon", he pressed. "Twenty minutes I promise", he said smiling at her.

She giggled. "I can't." She stirred her coffee.

"What about dinner then?", he asked still smiling.

"You're very persistent, aren't you?", she grinned.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's something about you."

She blushed. "Dinner then."

Shane nodded victoriously. His cellphone started to ring. He looked down at it. "I gotta take this", he said walking toward the door. "We'll talk details later."

Lucille waved as he exited the lounge. Oliver couldn't wait to ask what he already knew to be true.

"So I guess you and Shane hit it off, huh?"

"He's a really nice guy", Lucille answered dryly.

It pissed her off that he had the nerve to ask about Shane when he suggested she give him a chance. Her fingertips turned white because of how hard she was squeezing her coffee cup. She only calmed down when she saw Lex.

"Excuse me", she said moving past Oliver.

"Did you get the family photos up on all social media platforms?", she asked Lex. Lucille saw Oliver exit and her shoulders lowered.

Lex noticed it but decided against saying anything so she just nodded. "Yeah. So far most of the comments are about how adorable Noah is."

Lex pulled the picture up on the provided iPad. They were both in awe at Noah.

"There's something about kids missing their front tooth that makes them 10 times cuter", Lex stated.

They both laughed.

While they laughed, Oliver sulked.

Everything was coming together nicely. He would be elected the next governor of Texas. Yet, he still wasn't happy.

"Oliver", Anne Katherine called from behind him. He sighed before turning around to greet her nicely.

"Can I talk to you?", she asked pulling him aside.

"What's up?", he asked putting his hands in his pockets.

"All those things I said to you a few weeks ago, the things I did", she said trailing off. "They were horrible."

He looked on as she continued.