Chapter 22: Unexpected

It felt like we were running at full speed. Gerard pushed open his front door and led me to his bedroom at an intense speed. He fell down onto his bed and I mounted him hastily. With one leg either side of his body, I leaned down and kissed him. 

"It's just like old times," I grinned.

"Yeah, except for one thing," he smirked. 

"What's that?" I asked.

"I can't dominate you in the bedroom," he laughed, with his cute high pitched giggle that he always did. "Because of my broken ankle. So I think you're just going to have to stay on top."

He grinned at me and I couldn't help but feel my heartbeat speed up. To be back in bed with Gerard was amazing. It felt like NYU all over again, when we were constantly together in my dorm, cuddled up in bed together. We were kissing at an unusually fast pace, ripping each other's clothes off like it was our first time. He was kissing every part of my body that he could- my face, neck and chest, whilst I slowly moved downwards so that I could use my mouth to get him off. As I put my mouth around it and began to move up and down he let out a moan of pleasure that was so unbelievably arousing that I had to stop after a few minutes and climb back on top of him that he could enter me. The feeling of Gerard inside of me was phenomenal. I did as he had requested and took full control, focusing on keeping him happy. 

We finally finished, collapsing together with heavy breathing. I could feel his heart beating as I lay on his chest.

"You are a-mazing," he grinned. "I should have a broken ankle all of the time."

I nuzzled my face into his neck, breathing in his scent and smiling to myself as it was such a comforting smell. 

"Come on tour with us," he said, kissing the top of my ear. "There's probably enough space in the van for one more."

"Probably?" I giggled. "Am I gonna have to spend the entire tour sat on top of somebody else?"

"If I get my way," he grinned. I hit him playfully on the chest, before turning to kiss him softly. 

"I will go wherever you go," I smiled. "Honestly, I don't care where or how."

***

Frank's cousin had managed to score the band a few gigs around New Jersey and New York, and Gerard had managed to figure out a way to stand with his broken ankle. They had also managed to get their old friend Bob to join the band as the drummer, making them a complete band finally. Watching their shows, I was amazed at how much better Gerard's voice had become since I had last heard him singing. The thing that attracted me most to his band was the lyrics. Songs that meant something. Songs that made you think differently. Not only that, but when he was on stage and would catch my eye and smile at me whilst he was singing, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

After those gigs, the band went into a studio and recorded their first album of all time, which took about four or five days to complete before it went in for production. The guys were unorganised and most songs were written in the back of their van on the same day that they were recorded, but despite this, their songs were amazing. Everything that they came out with absolutely amazing. After the album was recorded, they went straight back on the road to play more gigs and try to sell their CD.

The touring was hell. There was one van with a trailer attached to the back full of equipment. In the van was Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray, Bob, Annie and myself. We were all crammed together for journeys that lasted up to six hours at a time. We had no money, hardly any food and we barely showered. It was such a terrible experience but at the same time it was the best experience I had ever had. 

***

"Are you alright Izz?"

"Yeah I'm fine," I responded to Annie as I vomited into her hotel toilet. "I'm sorry, it came out of nowhere!"

"You said that yesterday," she said, raising an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're alright? I think all of the constant touring in the van has made you really sick. The fact that it's always full of cigarette smoke and we barely get a good night's sleep anymore except for when we get lucky and stay in a hotel!"

"No the touring is fine," I said, shaking my head. "The cigarette smoke, for a start, is from me half of the time! I've never been travel sick before, I don't know what it is!"

"You've been sick every day for like a week," she said, looking concerned. "It's really weird."

"It's fine," I said, wiping my mouth clean and standing up to get a glass of water. "It normally passes within like an hour."

"Izzy," she said, her hand grabbing my shoulder as I tried to walk past her. "Are you only sick in the morning?"

"What are you getting at?" I asked.

"Are you...pregnant?"

I looked at her as if she was crazy, and was about to laugh in her face when I considered it. Pregnant? Nah, I couldn't be pregnant. Could I?!

"Stop talking crazy," I laughed, walking away from her. "Of course I'm not pregnant!"

"You're only sick in the morning," she replied.

"Maybe it's what I'm eating for breakfast," I said sarcastically, before heading back to my own hotel room to get back into bed with Gerard. I cuddled up to his warm naked body, listening to his slow breathing as he slept. I began to think about what Annie had suggested- was I pregnant? I had been reunited with Gerard for about a month...it was possible. 

I got out of bed and stormed back to Annie's hotel room.

"Alright, what if I am pregnant?" I said, beginning to freak out.

"Alright, calm down," she said, sitting me down on her bed. "Do not worry about a thing. We'll go to a doctor this morning and get you checked out. Whatever the result, you and I will sort it all. Got it?"

I nodded and took a deep breath, trying to convince myself that I wasn't pregnant. Annie and I snuck out of the hotel whilst everyone else was still asleep. We couldn't find a doctor anywhere, but we found a drugstore which sold pregnancy tests. I bought five of them, just to be sure that they would all have the same result, and we snuck them back into the hotel.

"How long does it take?" Annie asked impatiently from the other side of the bathroom door.

"It takes two minutes!" I shouted back. I was pretty sure that I'd been in there longer than two minutes, but I had turned the pregnancy test upside down and was too afraid to turn it back over and look at the result.

I was trying to make a plan in my head in case I was pregnant. What would I do? Would Gerard stay with me? How would we pay for it?

"Come on Izzy, check it," Annie said through the door. "I promise you that whatever happens, we will sort it out."

"Alright," I said, taking in one last deep breath before turning it over to find out the result.