1.2 : full moon

I sit on a box in the dusty room, staring down at my lap. I hadn't moved from this position since I arrived at Derek's- If anyone called my name, asked me a question, or tried to make eye contact with me, I would stiffen, afraid to make eye contact with anyone. After Derek left to help Scott last night,  I fled the scene like the wimp I was. I couldn't deal with the pressure I was putting upon myself- It all felt so overwhelming, like I was being held under and the water was trying to force it's way in. And it did, until I couldn't take it anymore. I gave up trying to be the hero I was supposed to be- It wasn't me, and it never would be. I was worthless, and I let the water in.

Isaac hadn't stopped blowing my phone up. Call on call, text on text, it never stopped, only making this so much harder for me. I ended up chucking my phone into a river on my walk last night. You'd think I would have learned my lesson about strolling through woods at night. I hadn't slept at all- Just walked, thunk, sat, kicked at leaves, and repeated that cycle until the sunrise caught my attention. So when I walked into the lair with messed up hair, a dirty re-worn outfit, and red, baggy eyes, it came as a slight surprise to everyone.

Although I wasn't looking, I could feel Isaac's gaze on me. It was burning into my skin, and I wanted nothing more than for it to go away. I wanted to run out of here- Run away, never be seen again. I wasn't worth it; I wasn't cut out for this life. But I knew that if I was going to get through tonight without killing someone or myself, I needed Derek. I listened to their conversation with my hands in my pockets, my hair flowing over my face to cover it shamefully.

"What is that?" Isaac spoke.

"It's a triskele." Boyd states confidently. "Spirals mean different things. Past, present, future; Mother, father, child."

"You know what it means to me?" Derek questions him.

"Alpha, beta, omega?"

"That's right.. It's a spiral. It reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas."

"What, like Scott?" Isaac asks, his voice deep.

"Scott's with us."

"Really? Well where is he now?"

"He's looking for Jackson." Derek sighs, his huff followed by the sounds of chains. "Don't worry, he's not going to have it easy tonight either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're going to want to kill anything you find."

"Good thing I had my period last week then." Erica snorts, eliciting utter, awkward silence from everybody.

"Follow me." Derek instructs, deciding to ignore her comment. But I don't move from my seat.

"Carmen." He barks.

I let out a shaky breath, dreading the night before me. I push my hair out of my face and wipe my eyes over once before I get on my feet, moving towards them, my eyes still directed towards the ground and my hands in my pockets.

"Where did you go last night?" Isaac hisses at me privately, leaning into my ear. I shrug him off me and climb onto the broken down subway on the wall, standing in the circle with everyone else. Derek wasted no time in cuffing us to the bars, knowing that it was already getting late.

"What if we break free?"

"You'll do anything you can to get out of here," Derek shrugs, tightening the grip on my cuffs. "Probably try to kill me, then kill each other, anddd anything else with a heartbeat."

He turns to Isaac behind me, giving him a stern look. "I need you to hold her."

For the first time today, I lift my head up, looking ahead at nothing in particular. Isaac came up closer and wrapped his arms under my armpits and back over my shoulders, holding me tightly against me. I tense up under his touch, almost feeling uncomfortable. I watch as Derek lifts a contraption up in his hands. It was round and had spikes going inwards, making my nerves going crazy. He wasn't really going to put that thing on me, right?