Chapter Twenty-Nine

{Chapter Twenty-Nine}

As I suspected I barely got sleep last night. After dropping Ian off and having a scary talk with his scary father telling me scary things, I went home. But I couldn't sleep. I fell asleep, had a bad dream, woke up, went back to sleep, woke up. It continued like that the entire night. I think I got a most of maybe four or five hours of sleep if I round up.

And school, despite my boredom of it, goes by way too quickly than I would like, I'd really rather prolong the day. Lydia of course gives me a present and a cupcake, singing happy birthday to me. She gave me a DVD, and a music gift card from Jess who's still out sick.

It all went by far too fast though and here I am, with Ian in my car while Jer walks out of his house. I contemplated telling Jer not to come as it might be better, especially when telling my parents. But the whole point of this is so we can be together freely so Jer has to be here, as long as he's okay with it which he's assured me numerous times throughout the day when I messaged him that he wants to be there. He gets in the back after locking his car and squeezes my shoulder in reassurance.

"It'll be okay, love." He murmurs and I sigh, feeling Ian's hand cover mine on the gearshift in comfort.

"I hope so," I mutter, pulling away from Jer's house and driving towards Ian's. We decided it's best to start with his because I get the feeling they already know what's going on, or at the very least suspect. Plus I know Owen is going to want to meet Jer. Though, it's also kind of a way to put off telling my parents. I'm so nervous I left the house for school an hour before I had to so I wouldn't bump into either of them.

I park in front of Ian's large house, his plush green lawn coming back quite nice for Spring. I turn off my car, run a hand through my hair and bite my lip.

"Come on," Ian urges, leaving the car. I sigh, glancing in the rear view mirror at Jer who smiles at me in reassurance but I see the nerves in his golden eyes. I don't comment though, instead I get out of the car with Jer behind. I lock her up and catch up to Ian who is almost at his door already.

Jeez, for a kid who's almost always nervous, he doesn't seem nervous to tell his dads that he's in a relationship with two guys. He walks right into the house without hesitation and I honestly envy his confidence at the moment.

I link my fingers with Jer's and lead him into Ian's house. I close the door behind us while Ian leads the way to the living room where his dads are sitting in silence. Haiden is reading a book while Owen is reading some papers with a blue pen hanging from his lips. He pulls the pen from his mouth and circles something on the paper before Ian clears his throat. Haiden looks up in surprise but Owen doesn't look away from the papers.

"I was wondering when this day would come." Owen states and I laugh despite myself. His unamused bright green eyes bore into me but I don't reply. His eyes move back to the papers and makes a mark with the pen on them again.

"Dad, this is Jer. He's uh, with us." Ian pauses, a blush moving from his neck to the tips of his ears. "I mean, not with us as in our friend, he's um..." He trails, clearing his throat. "In a relationship with us. A romantic relationship. Like, polyamorous. That's the right term, right?" he whispers the question at me and I nod so he nods.

"Polyamorous. Yep, that's what it is. I hope you're okay with it because I'm happy and I don't want you guys to be mad. I mean, they make me really happy. And uh..." He shifts from foot to foot as he tries to continue to ramble but I think for once his nerves aren't allowing him to ramble. Not much anyway. Owen puts his papers on the table while Haiden closes his book.

"Do they really make you happy? Do they promise to take care of you?" Owen demands, looking between Jer and I. We both nod in assurance but he continues to stare between us. "You realize my son is seventeen for the next four months?" Jer nods.