Chapter Three : Cruelty

~Chapter Three : Cruelty~
~Start~
**********

~Tachibana Chikage~

"Chikage? Can you help me with this, please?" My master said as she struggled on the box she's holding.

"Of course, Master~!" I happily said as I got the box from. It's pretty heavy, no wonder she was having a hard time holding the box. "Where do you want me to put it?"

"Ah, you can put in my room." She said as she continue cleaning the house.

"Okay~" I said, cheerfully as I went upstairs in her room.

I'm Tachibana Chikage, ten years of age, my lovely Master is named Hanazono Rikka. She's very nice and she's about twenty years old.

I love her and she's just like a mother, well MY mother to be exact. She found me abandoned when I was just a five years old and Master took care of me ever since. I'm very thankful of her, maybe if she didn't took care of me, I would have died by now.

Master isn't really that rich but she's not poor either. She's just a nice lady and acts like my mother. Today, we were cleaning the house as it was Master's free time today.

Master needs to work hard everyday in order for me and her to survive. We live in an awesome apartment with a second floor! It's almost like a real house of ours! But I heard the price of this apartment is pretty high, I don't know how much though. I always wanted to help Master with her work but she says I'm too young to work and I should just leave all the work to her. So, the least I can do now is help her do house chores.

I went downstairs and continue to help Master do the house chores.

"Chikage, thanks for helping me out." My Master thanked me.

I smiled widely. "Everything for Master!" I said.

She giggled at me and pet my head, which I melt into. "I know, for a reward, I'll bake you a cake!" She said.

My eyes sparkled. "Really!? I love cakes!" I cheered and tackled Master to the ground, hugging her tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Master smiled at me and kept petting my head. "Everything for Chikage."

**********

As promised, Master baked me a cake. A chocolate cake, my favorite! Especially if the one who baked it is my Master! Master is a really great baker, she can bake every sweets perfectly and delicious!

I ate the a slice of the cake like a pig while my Master stares at me as she smiled. "Hey, you might choke, slow down." She said and got a tissue. "And you got chocolate all over your mouth, Chikage."

I let her wiped my chocolate covered mouth and smiled widely at her. "Oops, sorry, Master!" I apologized.

She smiled at me. "You know, Chikage...You don't really need to call me Master..." She said, as she gave me a strong mom pose. "You can call me something like "Mom" or "Mommy"! I'm fine with that!"

"I can't do that, Master! We, cat people, aren't allowed to call our Masters by any other names other than Master." I explained to her as I plopped another piece of chocolate cake inside my mouth.

"Eh? Is that so?" Master said as she sighed. "Too bad. I would want a son like Chikage, you know?"

I giggled at her and about to reply but suddenly, we heard the door bell rung. Master got up from the chair and walked towards the door.

I secretly followed her to look at who it is. I looked and saw an old lady at the door. Oh, it's the landlady.

"Excuse me, Ms. Hanazono but your rent is due today. You need to pay the bills." The landlady said, as politely as possible.