1.3 : hostage

"So, uh, what are we doing?" Isaac asks me as we walk into the lair. I shut the door behind me and toss my bookbag somewhere to the left, running a hand through my hair in a fit of frustration. I turn to him and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his chest. He initially seems shocked and goes stiff, but hugged me nevertheless, resting his chin on top of my head.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly, looking down at me. "That's like, the fifth time you've done that today."

I nod and pull away, looking up at him. "Yeah, I'm just.. Happy."

"Derek has been M.I.A all day, we still don't know who's controlling Jackson, and you're failing English-" He pushes away to give me a puzzled look, "Why are you happy?"

I shrug and look down, my face heating up. "I guess just because I'm with you."

He stays silent for a few seconds, making me think I said something wrong. Should I not be saying things like that this early?

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

"You're so fucking corny," Isaac jokes, picking me up bridal style and tossing me onto the couch. I giggle and scoot back so he can sit on it with me, pulling me to him. He presses his lips to my forehead, taking a deep breath before muttering onto my skin.

"Permission to kiss you?"

"Permission granted."

He smirks and leans down, pressing his lips to mine in a sweet kiss. I grab his biceps and hold myself to him, smiling to myself. He was mine now, and I wouldn't want it any other way. He lays back and pulls me on top of him, sitting me on his lap. I lean down and continue our make-out, this time in a searing manner. He bites my lip and pulls it back with his teeth, making me giggle.

"Can we stay like this forever?" Isaac mumbles against my lips, pecking them, then moving his hands to my waist and digging his fingers into it. A loud bang resonates through the lair, causing me to shoot up. My eyes go wide when they land on Derek, breathing heavily. 

"What are you two-" He starts to yell, but shakes his head, "You know what? I don't want to know. Carmen, get off his dick, we're leaving. And hurry up."

I stand up from the couch and look at Isaac, as if he could give me an answer to the question we both had.

"Where were you today? You just left us there last night, we had to call someone to help us out!" I question, stepping closer to him.

"That doesn't matter, okay?" He yells, making me flinch. He must have had a change in heart upon seeing my action, making him soften his voice. "We need to go. The person controlling the kanima is holding people at the station."

I walk to his side and look back at Isaac, who stood there like a lost puppy. "What about me?"

"I'm not going to put my entire pack in danger." Derek snaps angrily.

"But you'll put her in danger?" Isaac points to me, his jaw clenching sporadically.

I sprint over to him and whisper to him, "Isaac, let it go. I'll be fine."

His hard face falters and he presses a kiss to my forehead, obviously conflicted. But, he pulls away, accepting that I had to do this.

"Please, be careful."

▲▼

"No matter what happens, stay low unless I yell for you, okay?" Derek instructs. We were standing in front of the station, and my heart was beating out of my chest. When I walk through the doors, we would finally learn who's been controlling Jackson this whole time. There was no telling how this could all go. For all I knew, I might not walk out of here alive.